article: Millionnaires Go Missing

Discussion in 'Economics' started by TraderZones, May 26, 2009.

1. dewton

dewton

let all the millionaires close up their businesses and leave. i'll start up businesses in their place. that leaves more opportunity and less competition for me. :D

#21     Jun 15, 2009
  2. But soon you'll also want to leave because of the government unfairly hosing you out of your efforts.

#22     Jun 15, 2009
  3. Going to college in Florida is supposed to be "fun". Going to college in Maryland is supposed to be "real work". Have you ever met anyone who has bragged about hiring somebody from a Florida school?........No, I didn't think so. :cool:

#23     Jun 15, 2009
  4. Aboushi

Aboushi

We need to stop taxing people the way we do now. We need to raise taxes when the economy is doing well and use the money to prevent this ever happening again, and lower it when the economy is doing so great to allow people the ability to handle such a shitty market.

#24     Jun 16, 2009
  5. spinn

spinn

I live in Montgomery County Mary........land too and what people do not realize is that this area is the third most liberal in the country.

Is it any surprise, given that, that taxes are skyrocketing?

Sandy $20 an hour is not hard to get in this area, it is the de facto minimum wage for anything close to a "professional" job here.

#25     Jun 16, 2009
  6. Maaybe they joined John Galt on a hidden island somewhere and they're now weaving baskets and bartering with one another.

#26     Jun 16, 2009
  7. House cleaning services ask $20-25/person-hour around here.

#27     Jun 16, 2009
  8. achilles28

achilles28

Priceless... :D

#28     Jun 16, 2009
  9. they need a VAT style tax. that would solve the problem. many countries have it and do fine. why do people have to pay some much in taxes , state sales tax, then state taxes,property taxes then federal taxes stop the insanity. singapore has a vat, and first 100k is tax free , next 100k is 5%. dividends are tax free. what is the problem americans have to hit the streets and protest like they did in the 60's and 70's before they became obese, lazy, and stupid.

#29     Jun 16, 2009
  10. dewton

dewton

Congress would NEVER approve of that, because if such a tax was in place, it would make Americans very prosperous and free!

#30     Jun 16, 2009