Artbuckle spreadbet account

Discussion in 'Journals' started by arbuckletboone, May 10, 2017.

1. Gone long the German Dax

#11     May 15, 2017
  2. closed dow for 26 points profit.
    Even though it's obviously gonna keep going up, i'm pretty long the dax now and don't want to get in too deep.
    Account is up about $500 from it's starting balance now

#12     May 15, 2017
  3. Gone long NQ
    Dropped off a bit there so looking for a bounce/oversold trade

#13     May 15, 2017
  4. Closing that here for 13 points.

Still long other instruments. Market looks like it wants to make new highs soon

#14     May 15, 2017
  5. Expecting ES to catch up with that massive NQ upmove, so getting long here

Long here 3 units at 2402

#15     May 15, 2017
  6. delme.jpg

#16     May 15, 2017
  7. Just holding LONG on the Nasdaq and the german Dax now.

They should both just keep going up so don't plan to touch them for a while.

5K starting account from last week is now over £5700 so doing OK delme.jpg

#17     May 16, 2017
  8. Very oversold here.
    Getting long some SPX here at 2383
    (3 units)

#18     May 17, 2017
  9. Xela

Xela

Well done on your profit to date - watching with interest and wishing you well.

I'm a little confused. I'm familiar with spreadbetting, but don't follow why your account is in £ Sterling but your position-sizes are in US$ per point? You appear to have your account currency and position-sizes in two different currencies, so I'm wondering why/how that works? I appreciate that you're probably in the UK, if spreadbetting, and will naturally have a GBP account for the purpose, but when I was spreadbetting various indices, some years ago, my position-sizes were also all ("therefore") defined in £'s per point/pip, not in US$ ...

#19     May 17, 2017
  10. Hi, Xela.Everything is actually in USD. Account value and pip/point value. But i'm in the UK and have put the pound symbol in front of some of my figures by force of habit.
    (although I used to have a stocktrading account which done exactly as you describe. My account was on sterling but my positions were calculated in dollars)

Thanks for the well wishes. I'll need it!! Just a bit of fun for me, really. Ideally i'll make some money

Closing a few of them long SPX positions here for +2.5 handles (2.5 ES 'points')
    Holding the rest long

#20     May 17, 2017
    Xela likes this.