Art Bell Died Last Night

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by DallasCowboysFan, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Dang, Art Bell died last night. 72 years old.

He was an icon of late night radio. At his height he had 550+ radio stations subscribing to him and depending on the hour and the specific night of the week, he could have from 5-12 million people listening.

He did shows on UFO's, ghosts, predictions and a lot of news that the main stream media did not cover. I think my favorite shows were the ones he did with Malachi Martin and his exorcisms as well as Mad Man Markham. Markham invented a 'time machine' in his house and drew so much electricity from his neighborhood that he was blowing fuses and blacking out the neighborhood......lol

Mel's Hole was interesting too .... It's a bottomless pit.....in Washington State....thousands of feet deep that had some unusual qualities.

He was a Vietnam Vet and after the war ended he spent his own money to evacuate a lot of the American/Vietnamese children that were orphaned after the war.

He was a good guy.

https://heavy.com/news/2018/04/art-bell-dead-cause-of-death-dies-how

vanzandt, mlawson71 and bullmarket79 like this.
  2. mlawson71

mlawson71

Rest in peace, Mr. Bell.

Hotcakes and DallasCowboysFan like this.
  3. Gambitman

Gambitman

Really enjoyed listening to Art in the 90’s. I was actually listening the night of the famed “Area 51 Caller.” Very compelling radio.

DallasCowboysFan likes this.
  4. Gambitman

Gambitman

Really enjoyed listening to Art in the 90’s. I was actually listening the night of the famed “Area 51 Caller.” Very compelling radio.

TrailerParkTed likes this.