Arsonists Torch Berlin Porsches, BMWs on Economic Woe

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Khaled187, Feb 27, 2009.

1. The "black swan" of plumbers.

#51     Feb 28, 2009
  2. ammo

ammo

It's sunday morn and convertobull comes down to his kitch to make the coffee,there is 6 inches of water,grabs yellow pages finds plumber,3 hours later problem solved,con asks plumber how much,plumber says $120 in parts,$1200 in labor,$1320,con says thats $400 an hour,i'm a lawyer and i don't make that much,plumber says i know,i used to be one .

#52     Feb 28, 2009
  3. you are really stupid

so are many people with a PHD

that is one fucking serious problem in america

the bitch is as dumb as shit, but just because (s)he has a fucking degree, he thinks he is the shit, and the whole bullshit system supports him, because he fucking paid some 100K$ to get the degree

I'm a supporter of education, but I think the educational system set in the US has nothing to do with education but everything to do with milking people

having a degree doesn't mean you are even educated, it just means you had a low enough mental ability but not too low, as to have been able to sit in school many years, living off of your parents money or some loan you took out and not earning shit in the mean time, so fucking pathetic

#53     Feb 28, 2009
  4. +1

so damn true

#54     Feb 28, 2009
  5. startups fail in america, almost always except where a big entity (government, corporate or person) is supporting the startup in one way or another

america is not a capitalist state, america is a state monopoly capitalist

"whereby government officials aim to provide the social and legal framework within which giant corporations can operate most effectively.

This is a close partnership between big business and government, and it is argued that the aim is to integrate labor-unions completely in that partnership."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_monopoly_capitalism

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crony_capitalism

#55     Feb 28, 2009
  6. thedewar

thedewar

Speaking from someone currently getting a degree....

The entire basis of most education systems, is to be able to read a textbook, listen to a professor, then in turn relay the useless information back to them. Some upper level courses will involve slightly more thought process, but overall to get an undergrad degree you just need to be a well trained parrot. Your intellect doesn't even get used until much higher level education.

I think (though its rather difficult to prove), that you can use just as much or more brainpower in a "dumb" job, because most of the education system is useless and doesn't teach you anything practical. A friend of mine has a degree in ancient history, and works for the city health board....

Whereas a "dumb" plumber will obtain a useful trade certificate, have a guaranteed job, and potential to make 40-250k/year. A university grad has no guarantee of anything, again an english lit delivering matresses. Which one of those people is "smarter"?

#56     Feb 28, 2009
  7. i worked at a research outfit that issued us electronic key cards that only worked at certain doors and not at others.

PhDs that worked in one area couldn't get access to other areas.

The only guy who had a key to every door was the one with the least education...the janitor.

it's the American way

#57     Feb 28, 2009
  8. I'm a tradesmen (journeyman level HVAC technician) and I have a bachelors degree. How do you like them apples? The degree opened some doors for me on the project management/engineering side. That's about it.

A good tech makes more than an engineer. Why? Because someone finally figured out that engineers have one the easiest jobs of all. They sit on their ass all day in front of a CAD workstation drawing doodles. The software does most of the work.

Any cushy white-collar job can easily be outsourced and will be in the future. No matter how special you think you are, there's some H1-B who will take your future job. You can't even spell the word "embarrassment" correctly. How do you expect to compete?

If you were born 100 years ago, you'd probably be shoveling shit on a farm somewhere.

The fact is that you'll never become wealthy working any job. Even doctors don't make much money anymore. Your name has to be on the door.

#58     Feb 28, 2009
  9. ammo

ammo

an artist is an artist because he's got an inate talent,piano,song,paintt,sculptor..he is best served utilizing his talents and making a differnce in the world while he's here,the monetary value represents a difference in material things not an inner quality of life,Bush went to Harvard and is a milllionaire several times over,held the most prestigious title in the world for 8 years,do you think his life is better or he is better than your dumb plumber or carpenter,i'm a carpenter and would be insulted by your statement if i was as stupid as you have assumed,i'm not though ,i see plenty of lost people scurrying around without a clue about enjoying life,rich and poor,i just realize that regardless of your financial station in life,it still takes a while,for some a lifetime,to figure out how to enjoy it,and convertible i would assume by your statements and blanket .paintbrush judgement of hoards of people that you are still searching, i wish you luck

#59     Feb 28, 2009
  10. As a tradesman, who has never been to college, I too was insulted.
    Like forextrader, I'm a hvac service tech.

I haven't worked since October, I'm spending the winter on a Mediterranean island, I have no concern about finding work this summer, and theres a really hot girl asleep in my bed right now. I share this much so you can compare how much better your life is to mine.

#60     Feb 28, 2009