Arsonists Torch Berlin Porsches, BMWs on Economic Woe

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Khaled187, Feb 27, 2009.

1. This site has more pikers than I thought.

Notice not one advocates getting a degree or seeking higher education but rather defends the basic dumb plumber.

Salary.com

Median salary of a plumber : $38k

LMAO! :p

Too damn funny. Clean shit out of pipes for $38k a year, lmao. In gnome's world, this is good pay.

So what do you pikers out there do for a living?

#41     Feb 28, 2009
  2. lol.. thanks Mom0. I guess I'm in semi-retirement but you never know what will happen in the future. In the meantime, I hope you're in there schooling you-know-who over in P & R.
    A what? A degree??

Oh, I have plenty of them, don't worry. I paid for every one of them too. I wish I had the money. They were f**ing expensive.

I'd rather hang out with a bunch of plumbers that 90% of the intellectuals I've met.

#42     Feb 28, 2009
  3. gnome

gnome

Maybe one shouldn't strive to be "median"..

And BTW, $38K for a DAY in the market wouldn't be "good".. "in my world"

#43     Feb 28, 2009
  4. gnome

gnome

Any occupation which pays well and can't be outsourced...

#44     Feb 28, 2009
  5. gnome

gnome

Like the guy with a degree in History or English Lit and is delivering beds for a living?

#45     Feb 28, 2009
  6. TsunTzu

TsunTzu

Possibly the most ignorant posting I have ever read on this forum.

#46     Feb 28, 2009
  7. gnome

gnome

Keep tracking him... he'll come up with more.

#47     Feb 28, 2009
  8. dbell66

dbell66

Spot on!

In fact, it's something of a sport, especially in winter, for groups of Algerian youths in France or Turkish youths in Germany, to set fire to cars.

#48     Feb 28, 2009
  9. IluvVol

IluvVol

lol, all anectotes....how does he make 6 figures being a plumber, unless he owns his own company, employs dozens of people??? (he would then derive his figures being a "business man" not a "plumber".Or you meant he is "plumbing" girls in San Fernadino Valley for $$$? Ridiculous comments....while I strongly disagree with earlier arrogant attitude in the other post I dont find your lack of intelligence any more entertaining...

#49     Feb 28, 2009
  10. This is laughable. What about the illegal immigrants who enter into the US. What jobs do you think those people are taking? The low skilled jobs like construction.

Basic economics. Given the low barrier to entry in a given profession, and a constant influx of low skilled workers, one would expect downward pressure on wages in that particular field. This explains why the median salary for a plumber is $38k. It's a job for morons.

You seem to be suffering from this outsourcing paranoia thats been going on. You need to look at some of the data to see that a lot of the outsourcing has been of lower paying, low skilled jobs. Even the trade data shows that the US manufactures and exports high margin, highly technical equipment as compared to the low end garbage that China and the other silly BRIC countries are happy to have.

#50     Feb 28, 2009