Arsonists Torch Berlin Porsches, BMWs on Economic Woe

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Khaled187, Feb 27, 2009.

1. MKTrader

MKTrader

True. In the 80s, they tried to build up fears of skinheads here in the states, too. They were frequent guests on talk shows, played "bad guys" in a number of movies, etc. In reality, they were and are a tiny minority.

The larger, more dangerous hate groups are non-white, so they don't get media coverage like neo-Nazis.

And in Europe, trust me, rising immigrant populations and radical/fascist Islam are a LOT bigger threat than some little skinhead group.

#31     Feb 27, 2009
  2. Think about what you wrote for a second. If your outsourcing leads to a larger pool of the unemployed, wouldn't you be looking for a better job that had higher barriers to entry than a plumber?

#32     Feb 27, 2009
  3. toc

toc

These guys do not understand, the cars are burned up and the owner charges the insurance companies and result is the insurance rates of everyone, including those who do not own any vehicles..............end up higher.

Arsonists did not do any good to common people and infact hurt them in a way. Masses are fools!

#33     Feb 27, 2009
  4. olias

olias

Nicely done. :D

#34     Feb 27, 2009
  5. gnome

gnome

Not at all.

Plumbers often serve an apprenticeship, they work with their hands, get some dirt on 'em, and generally do things most people don't want to do. That's why it pays well.

I definitely would not want to get an advanced degree in a field where my job could be outsourced.. then end up having to compete for a lesser job.

I know the local Audi dealer charges $175/hr for labor... I imagine the mechanic who does the work probably gets at least $50-$60 of that.

I was talking to the head of radiology at the state university... asked if pics were ever emailed overseas for reading... He said, not yet in America, but in other countries it's already occurring.

Picking a career today... and spending a lot of money in school to get prepared... takes much more serious forethought than before the era of globalization.

Besides plumber and mechanic, I think being a nurse or physician's assistant (master's degree) would be good choices.

#35     Feb 27, 2009
  6. sunnyside

sunnyside

They may be forced to work on their own startups. No more free ride.

#36     Feb 27, 2009
  7. Agreed!!! Ever tried to get a plumber damn hard. When you have a sewage back up after hours you pay any price they ask!!!!

Trust me the plumber is one of the most secure jobs going.

#37     Feb 27, 2009
  8. auto mechanic is not a good choice for the future due to the diminishing demand. think about it, how many times does a late-model car need unscheduled service? maybe once every 2 years? virtually all cars nowadays need nothing before 100k except oil, coolant and consumables.

plumber, appliance repair, teacher, medical and dental are good choices

#38     Feb 27, 2009
  9. ammo

ammo

very educated,intelligent statement "The society which scorns excellence in plumbing because plumbing is a humble activity,and tolerates shoddiness in philosophy, because philosophy is an exalted activity,will have neither good plumbing nor good philosophy. Neither it's pipes nor it's theories will hold water." John William Gardner........President, Carnegie Foundation

#39     Feb 28, 2009
  10. 377OHMS

377OHMS

hehe excellent quote.

#40     Feb 28, 2009