Arrogant System Vendors

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Samson77, Jan 5, 2004.

1. I was so mad that I thought this post needed a string of its own....

This is my response to a system vendor that slammed me in my earlier post

( Don't pay $1 for a system until you read this...)

Anyway I think everyone should read my response to this arrogant system vendor that has the audacity to try and make us look like we are at fault...

I hope everyone reads this.....

Here is my reply to him......

Arrogance
    OK now you've made me MAD.......

This is my response to the fool who posted me, above (in blue)....

First of all you know nothing about me.... I have been in this industry for 18 years by the age of 25 I made enough money to retire through the use of compounding equity options strategies and that has given me the luxury of doing other things like my recent success at the futures markets.

That being said lets get to the point.

It is obvious that you are a seller of a trading system or service in which you derive your income.

Do you really think we are that dumb?

Well the answer is yes you do, it is obvious that all of you vendors are preying apuon peoples greed.

You suck people in with these ideologies of unlimited wealth and freedom from buying your system that you yourselves couldn't trade out of a paper bag and thats why your selling it.

YOU KNOW IT

I KNOW IT

AND

THANKS TO THE INTERNET AND FORUMS LIKE THIS

EVERYONE ELSE WILL KNOW IT

AND NOW YOUR UPSET BECAUSE YOU WILL BE OUT OF A JOB.

WHAT THEN ........

WELL YOU CAN TRADE RIGHT .........

I DON'T THINK Soooo

I CHALLENGE ANY SINGLE SYSTEM VENDOR TO STOP THESE LIES AND JUST COME INTO THIS FORUM AND POST AUDITED TRADING RESULTS FOR THE LAST 3 YEARS.

IF ANY OF YOU SCHMUCKS HAD HALF A BRAIN YOU WOULD DO IT FOR THE MAIN REASON THAT YOU WOULD HAVE 30, 000 TRADERS RUNNING TO BUY YOUR WARES............

NONE OF YOU WILL ... BECAUSE NONE OF YOU CAN.........

NOW STOP lying AND STEALING AND GET A REAL JOB.

2. Where is the post you are responding to above?

3. page 10 of my original post

Don't pay $1 for a system until you read this....

Grob109

4. How come you or nobody else listed any of the systems they bought that sucked?

I mean I appreciate the advice on what to look out for and all but someone paid a grand for some optomized POS why not let us know the name or vendor, that way someone here might save a buck or two down the road.

:confused:

5. I didn't post them because I didn't want to even any of give them the satisfaction of BAD Press.....

We know that, that can be just as profitable as Good press but if people really want to know I will post them.....!!!!

Let me know !!!

6. NET

NET

Samson, give more credit to your fellow ET readers and posters... We're able to recognize posts for what they're worth, whether they're a valuable contribution, or an attempt to antagonize.

There will always be those that take pot shots at well meaning people who offer up a personal experience. This falls under the category of "you can't please everyone."

Ask yourself if you think you might have helped a lurker or two, who may currently be frustrated in the learning process (we all know how difficult this field is to master) and just figure that if they throw a few thousand at a system, then problem solved. Hmmmm... Those really expensive ones must be really really good, otherwise, how could they charge so much--or so the reasoning may go.

So what if there's jokesters and distracters!

Your audience can see through that kind of stuff quite easily.

My impression of the post in blue: :confused:

I'm not sure what his point was, because I'm on a fishing expedition for helpful information. I did not find anything useful in that post. I think I even read the thing twice and just couldn't keep interested--found nothing of value there. I, probably like most other readers simply skimmed and skipped. Quite honestly, I can't remember a thing about it, but I do remember the points you made. Think about it: value vs. no value...

If that poster sees this thread, he may feel "mission accomplished!" (i.e, his goal was probably just to get you riled up). Don't fall into the antagonist's trap--focus on those who've you've probably saved many thousands, not to mention time and frustration.

7. Thanks Net

I guess your right these con men just make me so mad and I have received several pm's from people thanking me .....

I'm only posting because I don't want to see others get scamed as I did and I consider myself to be a savvy consumer so your right I will forget about these fools.

8. Turok

Turok

I like you more all the time Sampson.

Nice work. Give'm hell and at the same time take NET's advice and don't let them get to you.

JB

9. traderob

traderob

Post away

10. NET

NET

I think Sampson would agree (correct me if I'm wrong) his other post got inspired by the fact that a company sold a system for a hefty sum that is available for free by others. Those others bring up an ethical question as well.

Compare and contrast:

http://www.turtletrader.com/

with:

http://www.originalturtles.org/index.htm

This is a different issue than whether or not a particular system works. For that, some systems work under certain market conditions and then later become ineffective and useless as markets change. Sometimes the author is aware of this, and sometimes they're not...

Some more reading, if you're interested:

Comments from a system developer... A system that worked then failed.

http://www.traders-talk.com/mb2/index.php?showtopic=4252

#10     Jan 5, 2004