Arrest made in JonBenet Ramsey case.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jzlucas, Aug 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JA_LDP

JA_LDP

Yeah just saw that too on reuters. That's crazy. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds. This is big news in Michigan because the Ramsey's had a residence in Charlevoix (a very small town on Lake Michigan in the upper part of the lower penninsula).

#11     Aug 17, 2006
  2. How big of you.

#12     Aug 17, 2006
  3. How big of you sir

#13     Aug 17, 2006
  4. hcour

hcour Guest

Well, the DNA will settle it once and for all, but in the meantime, why would you say this? I'm no authority on the case but I thought the parents had been pretty much exonerated because there simply was no real evidence against them, plus they passed lie-detectors, and a grand jury would not indict. So are you basing your opinion on something other than gut-feeling and if so, what?

H

#14     Aug 17, 2006
  5. hcour

hcour Guest

Oh, or did you mean "guilty" in a different sense, as in - They put her out there as an object in those beauty pagents and that exploitation led to her murder?

H

#15     Aug 17, 2006
  6. hcour

hcour Guest

Even when people like this "confess", they'll qualify it as an accident or whatever. They won't actually accept responsibility for their crimes. I remember a few yrs ago there was a famous case in the news where a young black teen had brought a gun to school and shot his teacher. They had the actual murder on the school video. In the trial when the kid recounted the story of what happened I'll never forget how he phrased the shooting: "I pointed the gun at Mr. --- and the gun went off." Not, "I pulled the trigger" or "I shot him", but "the gun went off". As if the gun was the culprit and he wasn't really responsible. In the "preppie murder" Robert Chambers admitted he strangled Jennifer Levine but claimed it was an accident during "rough sex".

These monsters never have the courage to admit their true guilt, to face up to the horror of what they've done.

H

#16     Aug 17, 2006
  7. Time to ask, "regular or extra crispy?" Gov. Owens is an outspoken proponent of the death penalty.

#17     Aug 17, 2006
  8. Is deep fried an option?

#18     Aug 17, 2006
  9. hcour

hcour Guest

They suspect he may be involved in other murders. Let's hope they don't let him cop a plea of life imprisonment for revealing them. But it happens, it definitely happens.

Look at BTK. If anybody deserved to die, he did, but he got life.

H

#19     Aug 17, 2006
  10. Yes! My apologies for neglecting that option.

#20     Aug 17, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.