Armed civilian kills gunman, stops shooting spree at Walmart in Washington state

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tsing Tao, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Score one for the good guys. Bad for liberal narratives.
    --------------------------
    Armed civilian kills gunman, stops shooting spree at Walmart in Washington state

By Fred BarbashJune 18 at 3:10 AMEmail the author

0:16 / 0:47

Two people were wounded and a suspected gunman is dead after a chaotic shooting outside of a Tumwater, Wash., Walmart on June 17. (Reuters)

A gunman who opened fire inside a Walmart in Washington state and injured at least two people during carjacking attempts was fatally shot by one of two armed civilians on Sunday evening, according to police.

Police in Tumwater, just south of Olympia, said they were still piecing together the full story.

About 5 p.m. Pacific Time, authorities received a call about a possibly drunk driver heading the wrong way on a main road near a local high school, said Laura Wohl, Tumwater police public information officer.

As police sped to the scene, they received a second call about a carjacking with shots fired. When officers arrived, they found a 16-year-old girl with unspecified non-life-threatening injuries but no suspect. They quickly located the stolen car but once again no suspect.

At about 5:30 p.m., they started getting numerous calls of shots fired in and around a nearby Walmart. Wohl said they later confirmed that the man doing the shooting was the same person involved in the carjacking.

She said the man entered the Walmart, fired shots at a display case and then went into the parking lot.

There he attempted to carjack another vehicle, shooting an occupant in it at least twice. Apparently frustrated in his effort, the gunman then attempted a second carjacking.

At that point, Wohl said, two armed civilians in the parking lot confronted the suspect, one of whom fatally shot the man.

Police did not identify anyone involved or the type of weapons used, except to say they were handguns. The victim of the second carjacking attempt was in critical condition at Harborview Hospital.

The action inside the store set off fears of a possible mass shooting. Indeed, local media reported that the fire department alerted them to a “mass casualty” incident.

Kailani Bailey told the Tacoma News Tribune she was shopping inside the grocery section of the Walmart when a tall man in a T-shirt and jeans ran in and shoved people out of the way, ordering them to “move, move.” Then she heard a popping sound from the other side of the store and someone yelling “run, run.” When she got outside, she said, she heard more shots.

Caitlyn Wallner told the paper a similar story. She heard “pop, pop, pop,” and a man yelling “there’s a guy shooting. Everybody run.”

“There were all kinds of people running out,” Robert Berwick, who was in the back of the store, told the Seattle Times. Darren Gossler told the News Tribune he saw a man with what appeared to be a handgun.

The action then moved into the parking lot.

Witness Brian Adams told KING5 TV that “this guy was randomly firing” both inside and outside the store. He said he heard about 15 shots.

Witnesses told the Seattle Times that at least three civilians pulled guns in the parking lot. Police reported just two, one of whom fired at the suspect and killed him.

“He is a hero,” Adams told KING 5. “If this customer hadn’t done what he did, who knows what would have happened.”

Wohl said no other suspects were being sought.

2. Of course you posted this, we all saw it and thought.. how long before Tackleberry posts this.

His mind too small to grasp that outliers don't balance the equation.

3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I know, slart...I'm a killer and I want to murder people and all that other bullshit you say every single time I post anything to do with guns. You really need to get a hobby and piss off. Maybe pick up trading or something instead of following me around when you know I can't see your posts. Poindexter says you're a paper trader and I'm inclined to believe him.

Or hey, here's a good one. Go out and make a friend.

4. "Anything to do with guns"? It is always about shootings!

Why not post something about just firing guns? Ammo, ranges you like..

Here is an informational video covering how lead can explain a lot about some gun nut behavior. I have (mostly) used only pure copper since the 90s.

5. Poindexter

Poindexter

Dude, your mind is too small to grasp that the only relevance your posts have is to highlight what patriotic Americans should be against.

This is because:

1) you're a foreign troll:

2) who despises us:
    Fuck off and get a life.

P.S. If your parents are still alive, slap them for raising such a repugnant, manipulative fraud.

6. Gun's empty, asshole. :)

Says the fake Jew and fake American.

You have a gun?

RG 14 would be perfect for you.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
  7. Poindexter

Poindexter

You should also slap your parents for letting you get away with BS diversions like this... it's clearly been devastating to you as an adult.

8. You probably like the look of the RG 10 though.

So, you keep avoiding the question, first generation or just naturalized?

It goes with you personality.

9. Had the thought of the tangible and intangible benefits of ordinary citizens owning firearms.

The tangible benefits are highlighted by the incident in the attached article.

The intangible benefits include criminals realizing it is not enough to be aware of uniformed police. Any citizen, man or women, black or white, young or old, may be carrying a firearm. This is likely to dissuade criminals from committing many crimes, especially in public view.
    Except, perhaps those places that severely restrict citizen gun ownership such as Chicago.

Tsing Tao, please keep posting these examples of the benefits to our society of armed citizens.

Tsing Tao likes this.
  10. And all the suicides, mommies killed and whatnot.

Tackleberry is incapable of balancing the equation. He just loves guns, it is an emotional thing.

#10     Jun 18, 2018