Armed bystander stops stabbing outside school

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Navin Johnson, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Armed bystander stops stabbing outside school

SAN ANTONIO - A woman is in critical condition after she was stabbed outside her child's school Tuesday morning.

The attack happened around 10:00 a.m. Tuesday outside the Bonham Academy on St. Mary's Street. Teresa Barron, 38, had just dropped off her child at the school when the child's father showed up, and the two got into an argument. The child's father, 38-year-old Roberto Barron allegedly then stabbed the woman several times in the upper body and neck area.

Police say a bystander who happened to be a concealed handgun license holder pulled his weapon and ordered Barron to drop the knife. Barron surrendered and was taken into custody by the bystander and a school district officer.

The woman was taken to San Antonio Military Medical Center.

Barron was arrested for aggravated assault, and is in jail on a $150,000 bond.

http://www.woai.com/mostpopular/sto...ng-outside-school/6zTYMpy8pUOeyrbElEBOTQ.cspx

2. Good job by a legal responsible gun owner

3. Lucrum

Lucrum

Which most in your beloved democratic party would like to disarm leaving them defenseless.

4. Lucrum

Lucrum

This type of incident happens everyday, but is intentionally under reported by the anti gun liberal national media.

5. Disagree with "most".Most democratic politicians are staying away from gun control

From your beloved republican nominee

http://www.iberkshires.com/story/14812/Romney-signs-off-on-permanent-assault-weapons-ban.html

Romney signs off on permanent assault weapons ban
    12:00AM / Thursday, July 08, 2004

Governor Mitt Romney has signed into law a permanent assault weapons ban that he says will make it harder for criminals to get their hands on these guns.

"Deadly assault weapons have no place in Massachusetts," Romney said, at a bill signing ceremony on July 1 with legislators, sportsmen's groups and gun safety advocates. "These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people."

Like the federal assault weapons ban, the state ban, put in place in 1998, was scheduled to expire in September. The new law ensures these deadly weapons, including AK-47s, UZIs and Mac-10 rifles, are permanently prohibited in Massachusetts no matter what happens on the federal level.

6. Lucrum

Lucrum

Romney is full of shit on this one. Such laws have virtually no impact on criminals getting any firearms they want.

IF this were the only issue facing our country right now I wouldn't vote for Romney. But Odumbo has got to go.

7. I agree .When I was 14 I bought a nice 9mm smith and wesson semi auto.I put the word out I wanted one among a small group of friends and 400.00 dollars and 3 days later I had one.Dont need to do that now as I have a CHL but I could still easily score damn near any weapon I wanted off the street today

8. wjk

wjk

For the time being. Four more years for O, and he will get more appointees on the SC. How long before the 2nd comes up again after that?

You may want to consider that when you pull the lever this fall. Have you investigated the 2nd amendment views of O man from his days in the Ill senate, and are you familiar with the views of gun ownership regarding his last two SC appointees?

9. You have a solid point there.O might not push gun control directly but he could do it backdoor through his supreme court picks

10. pspr

pspr

Romney has re-evaluated his position on this issue.

Today, Romney's campaign website suggests that Congress does not need to revisit the assault weapons ban. His campaign website highlights legislation that "expanded the rights" of gun owners that Romney signed while he was governor, but does not mention the assault weapons ban:

Like the majority of Americans, Mitt does not believe that the United States needs additional laws that restrict the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms. He believes in the safe and responsible ownership and use of firearms and the right to lawfully manufacture and sell firearms and ammunition. He also recognizes the extraordinary number of jobs and other economic benefits that are produced by hunting, recreational shooting, and the firearms and ammunition industry, not the least of which is to fund wildlife and habitat conservation.

#10     Aug 30, 2012