Arlen Specter is dead.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Grandluxe, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Arlen Specter dead at 82
    By Joe Sterling, CNN
    updated 4:24 PM EDT, Sun October 14, 2012

(CNN) -- Former U.S. Sen. Arlen Specter, who embodied a dying breed of liberal Republicanism before switching to the Democratic Party at the twilight of his political career, died Sunday after a long battle with cancer, his family announced.

Specter died of complications from non-Hodgkin's lymphoma at his home in Philadelphia, his family said. He was 82.

Specter served five terms as a Republican senator and switched political affiliation in 2009.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/14/politics/obit-specter/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

2. Obamacare probably would not have passed if not for him.I generally dislike party flip floppers but his vote will save a lot lives.RIP Senator Specter

3. 377OHMS

377OHMS

I'm mostly Scots and we don't like to demean the dead but Arlen Specter was one of the most rottenly corrupt dirty dealing low-down piece of shit politicians to ever live and the world is just a little bit better with him gone.

Good riddance.

4. I agree, but I'm willing to bet that won't keep him from voting for obama.

5. 377OHMS

377OHMS

lol

6. JamesL

JamesL

In all seriousness, he probably did with absentee balloting, which he may have done knowing the seriousness of his illness.

Either that, or someone will show up at his voting station and claim to be him and won't have to show his ID this year.

7. I can see it now, the reason for requesting an absentee ballot:
    "cause I'm dead".

8. Max E.

Max E.

Wow, both Brass, and Arlen Specter in one day? The Grim Reaper is on a roll today, is it too much to ask for Michael Moore to choke on a hotdog today too?

9. pspr

pspr