ARKK - Retail trading has fallen to lowest levels since pre-pandemic...

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by The_Krakenite, Apr 12, 2022.

1. That bet on PayPal... look at the bubble that popped. Now that it's selling at cheaper than pre-covid prices I don't have issues on trading it. Funny thing, despite Nasdaq went up today, PayPal still fell again because of board members jumping ship to places like Walmart.

Screen Shot 2022-04-13 at 10.50.51 PM.png

#21     Apr 13, 2022
  2. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

5 year gain on ARKK 148%. I bet there are a plenty of traders on here who didn't make that number. I'm not advocating for her approach, but it's easy to tell that some of the traders on here aren't doing nearly as well as they present it on here.

#22     Apr 14, 2022
    VicBee likes this.
  3. Millionaire

Millionaire

How does that compare with the Nasdaq 100 over that same time period?

edit: I just googled it, QQQ is up 207% over the same period

So she underperformed by almost 60%.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2022
    #23     Apr 14, 2022
    murray t turtle likes this.
  4. RedDuke

RedDuke

She is one trick pony - TESLA

#24     Apr 14, 2022
  5. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

150%, 200% its's all good. One click trade made that much. So many day traders lose money because they do stuff like buying SQQQ against trend.

#25     Apr 14, 2022
  6. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

How tiny are you trading that one click makes you 200percent

#26     Apr 14, 2022
  7. Millionaire

Millionaire

We all know 99% of days traders are better off buying and holding SPY or QQQ than attempting day trading.

But typically the average day trader only lasts a few months anyway.

#27     Apr 14, 2022
  8. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

I'm not trading these etfs. I meant one mouse click is all the effort needed to buy an etf and hold it 5 years. So while 148% might seem mediocre on the surface to some it's a good return as a no effort hold. In reality, ARKK was on a heater for years and there was a clear signal to exit IT sometime last year especially IT that doesn't make profits.

#28     Apr 14, 2022
  9. Millionaire

Millionaire

Don't you notice your hindsight bias?
    Its like saying anyone could of bought TSLA with just one click 5 years ago and made 2000%.
    There are always countless one click trades anyone could of made 5 years ago that would have made huge returns.

#29     Apr 14, 2022
  10. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

especially when the point of the original post is that the same click could have produced 200percent with better tax efficiency.

#30     Apr 14, 2022