Ark of the Covenant to be revealed

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Stu, ur funny:D

In the very first sentence of this article, they state that scientists "believe".

Believe is not the same as know.

Science is a form of philosophy. Scientist believe that if they follow something called the scientific method, they can arrive at a fact.

But this has been knocked down many times as many of the facts of science have turned out to b wrong because of flaws in the method.

So thanks for sharing an article about the latest goose these scientists are chasing around.

#51     Jun 29, 2009
  2. stu

stu

I'm being funny? yeah ok.

So you are now saying there are no such things as scientific facts?
    And your reason for that would be because science sometimes gets things wrong.

So getting something wrong cancels out scientific fact? You have to be kidding... right? You're having a laugh.

#52     Jun 29, 2009
  3. Urock

Urock

Well seems in all the confusion of debating the existance of God no one read the initial article (or the title of the thread).

The article referts to the "ark of the covanent" not Noahs ark. As in the ark Indian Jones was looking for in the "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

There would be some prophetic implications if the Ark of the Covanent was found

#53     Jun 29, 2009
  4. havent you heard. ron wyatt found the Ark of the Covanent and noahs ark and the red sea crossing years ago.
    history is loaded with examples of gullible christians being duped by con artists. the larger question is what is it in the minds of god believers that makes them so gullible?
    http://www.wyattmuseum.com/ac_update.htm

#54     Jun 29, 2009
  5. By all appearances, not very much.

#55     Jun 29, 2009
  6. Thank you for making my point.

In my travels, I noticed if the population is overtly religious, the place is ass-backwards mired in poverty, ignorance, stupidity, child abuse, spousal abuse.

not only all of the above and they tend to be the biggest crooks.

I see these same traits in the deep south and the overtly religious parts of europe and asia.

Religious nutters. All the same. Doesn't matter what fantasy version of God they believe in.

#56     Jun 29, 2009
  7. byteme

byteme

Perhaps if you took the time to read the thread before commenting you'd understand how Noah got involved in the discussion.

My initial response to the thread was that Ethiopians tend to suffer from "group-think" especially on religious matters - and that includes the collective belief that they have the "Ark" as in the Ark of the Covenant. I also pointed out that despite their deeply held religious beliefs and pratices, they are still some of the poorest people in the world, many of whom die from easily preventable causes every day.

Eight, responded by suggesting that Ethiopians were "destined" to be poor (or not to prosper) because they are Ham's/Canaan's people. Ham was the son of Noah. Canaan was the son of Ham. This is how Noah got involved in the conversation.

Eight's contention is that people of Africa and Asia are Canaan's people and are therefore, as stated in Genesis 9, cursed to be the slaves (or servant depending on which version of the Bible you have) of Shem and Japheth.

25: And he said, Cursed be Canaan; a servant of servants shall he be unto his brethren.

26: And he said, Blessed be the LORD God of Shem; and Canaan shall be his servant.

27: God shall enlarge Japheth, and he shall dwell in the tents of Shem; and Canaan shall be his servant.

I still haven't got an answer from Peilthetraveler and Eight who both clearly take the Old Testament literally, whether they believe Genesis 9:25-7 is justification for African slavery or not.

They are somehow silent on the matter despite the fact that the inescapable conclusion is that they do believe the Bible gives justification for such slavery.

They just don't have the courage of their convictions to come on here and admit it. That also makes them hypocrites as they should be more concerned about what God thinks of them rather than anonymous Internet posters.

Their non-response is however, convincing enough for me.

#57     Jun 29, 2009
  8. fhl

fhl

There are several issues here.

1 It is not "inescapable" that Canaan being a servant to his brother means " his descendants shall be slaves for all eternity".

2 A prophecy does not automatically imply Gods will. The new testament is replete with prophecies of hell and the lake of fire for unbelievers, but it says in 1 Timothy 2 that it's <i>Gods will that all men be saved</i>. Stating what is going to happen, as the result of sin, does not mean that it is Gods will and desired outcome.

3 After the cross, the concessions that God made for sin and hardness of hearts were scaled back considerably. (As in Jesus telling us that divorce is no longer acceptable, except when your spouse has "left" you.) And, while there are other verses that imply something about slavery in the new testament, there can be no doubt that it is <i>Gods will that we be set free from bondage</i>.

#58     Jun 29, 2009
  9. sure that is why paul, the author of christianity, said this:
    Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them. (1 Timothy 6:1-2 NLT)

#59     Jun 29, 2009
  10. byteme

byteme

fhl, I completely agree with you. I'm not the one that needs convincing.

Peilthetraveler and more specifically Eight, used Genesis to explain the "prosperity" of present day western nations or people of Japheth versus the relative poverty of the people of Ham in Africa and Asia.

If they believe Genesis 9 foretells of Japheths prosperity, which Eight is on record as believing, they should also know it foretells of Canaans servitude.

Eight made it quite clear he/she thinks the people of Canaan are current day inhabitants of Africa and Asia.

Put those two facts (as stated by Eight) together and there you have the inescapable conclusion that Eight and also Peilthetraveler who said he agreed with Eight, believe the Old Testament justifies African slavery.

They still haven't tried to deny this fact.

I just wish they would come on here and admit that is what they clearly believe so that everyone can see their true colors.

#60     Jun 30, 2009