Ark of the Covenant to be revealed

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Let me know what we should do about Gov Sanford with this biblical passage in mind:

"If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10 NLT"

#11     Jun 27, 2009
  2. Nothing. She was single.

#12     Jun 27, 2009
  3. Eight

Eight

Yeah, all these people that don't know the Bible, well.. I sort of have to stay out of their way sometimes...

A guest on the George Noory Show [I know, lots of loonies on that show but it's fun sometimes] recently was a Catholic lady that could see ghosts and specialized in mediating things with them.... she said it was funny to go to a funeral and see the deceased atheists standing at the end of the casket looking bewildered... she seemed to be for real, if you listen to that show long enough you get really good antennas for detecting pathological liars... I've heard these horrible descriptions of what happened to atheists that were dead but made it back. We had a relative die recently, he was a real out of control son of a bitch, he used the Christmas get-togethers to pick fights with all the Christians. I requested that people not invite me if he was going to be there... When he was dying I knew what was up, he was laying there going "help me, help me" to nobody in particular for a couple of hours and then he stopped breathing... he was so science oriented, I mentioned natural cures and he said he "didn't want any of that untested stuff" so we got to watch him do chemo, that stuff was way worse than his cancer... we're living in his house now and I swear he's still here sometimes.... it's like I have to convince him that it all really happened, he did die, his house went to "weaker more ignorant people", etc...

#13     Jun 27, 2009
  4. how gullible are you?

#14     Jun 27, 2009
  5. Robert G. Ingersoll The inspiration of the bible depends on the ignorance of the person who reads it

#15     Jun 27, 2009
  6. Oh...well if Robert G. Ingersoll said it (and we all know who he is right?...right?) then it must be true!

Coincidently did you know that the latin word for agnostic is ignoramus?

#16     Jun 27, 2009
  7. Just thought i would also throw this in to give you something to disect. Francis Collins, a scientist (who went to Yale) known for his work in positional cloning and the Human Genome Project was an atheist (like you) but after examining the evidence, he converted to Christianity. So if someone who we both know is smarter than you and has dug down much deeper into the facts of religion, believes in God maybe you should examine the evidence too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Collins_(geneticist)

#17     Jun 27, 2009
  8. been there done that. i was a bible believing christian the first 50 years of my life. then a funny thing happened. i decided to actually study the evidence. often atheists know more about the bible and christianity than believers do.

collins is interesting. he uses the evidence of genomics to know that evolution is true but still he "feels" there is a god without evidence. he has an emotional need to believe.

"Actually, I find no conflict here, and neither apparently do the 40 percent of working scientists who claim to be believers. Yes, evolution by descent from a common ancestor is clearly true. If there was any lingering doubt about the evidence from the fossil record, the study of DNA provides the strongest possible proof of our relatedness to all other living things." By Dr. Francis Collins
    Special to CNN Editor's note: Francis S. Collins, M.D., Ph.D., is the director of the Human Genome Project. His most recent book is "The Language of God: A Scientist Presents

#18     Jun 27, 2009
  9. absolute agnosticism is a cop out. You are not competent enough to make a rational analysis based on fact. There is no absolute certainty in this world, yet it is safe to make general assumptions based on proven facts. I know there is no big foot, I know there is not wizards and witches or god, because I put my trust in the concept of verifiable evidence.

#19     Jun 27, 2009
  10. Funny how bronze age mythology still has a grip on a lot of people.

#20     Jun 27, 2009