Arizona woman allegedly hit with car by Iraqi father dies

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TraderZones, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

I might be OK with it, how about your ACLU buddies?

#11     Nov 3, 2009
  2. -

I am not thinking about right or left party, I am thinking how the parent can kill their child. How it go against instinct.
    The drunk driver has punishment in the law, true?

#12     Nov 3, 2009
  3. sjfan

sjfan

Are you trying to be troll? Or do you not see a qualitative difference between (A) killing your daughter because she violated a religious law and expects (under his cultural norm) to be free, and (B) some asshole acts irresponsibly and accidently kills someone, and will go to jail if convicted as such.

If seeing a difference between (A) and (B) is to be right wing... maybe I should start reevaluating which side I'm on... maybe the wingnuts are just the right wing version of ... you

#13     Nov 3, 2009

4. TraderZone, I know this is not about the thread, but look how the women have to cover their eyes too.
    Is against instinct. For example I put sunglasses on my dog , he take his paw and push the sunglasses off. If my hair fall in my eyes, I push that away. Even the baby will push the blanket away from thier face.

#14     Nov 3, 2009
  5. Non sequitur...

#15     Nov 3, 2009
  6. So you go apeshit every time someone shoots their spouse?

Every time some whack job kills their family with a gun?

Get real idiot...

This would not be an issue if some white dude killed his wife with a gun, or shot his family with a gun...shit happens all the time in America...they call it domestic violence and America is a world wide leader of domestic violence.

...but because it is an Arab you use this as an opportunity for Muslim bashing...

Come on dickweed, be honest...and consistent.

Yall don't really give a shit if some Muslim girl got killed by a car by her father (murders happen every day in America, by gun, by car, within families, etc.)...you are just another of the jingoist Americans looking for a chance to bash Muslims and Arabs...

#16     Nov 3, 2009
  7. sjfan

sjfan

i'm indignant in both cases. But you know what, I find it far more horrifying that culture/religion is used as a justification for murder. A drunk father who kills her daughter has no justification for his actions. A father who murders her daughter and justifies it based on some tract or other believes that his actions are justified. These are not morally equivalent cases.

I can't speak on behalf of the original poster, but I would find this situation equally absurd and disgusting regardless of which exact religion/culture the father uses to justify his "honor killing". I think you are the one who's jumping to conclusions. To find one aspect of a religion or culture incompatible with the general value system of the western world (and the vast majority of the eastern) is not in itself "bashing".

The only thing more horrifying that this case of "honor killing" is your moral-relativist defense. You, sir, are truely ignorant.

#17     Nov 3, 2009
  8. I think it is about who the focus is on in the mind of the person at the center of the controversy.

What you are describing is a situation where the parent's focus is the child. Like, maybe the parent discovers something about the child they don't like - doing drugs, being gay, whatever.

Some parents try to find a way to deal with the situation because they still love their kids, others disown their kids.

I suppose kids are the closest thing you have to full "ownership" for years. Some parents can't let them go be their own people.

#18     Nov 3, 2009
  9. What you are not accepting is that unfortunately drunk driving is part of the culture of America...

You, sir, are truly ignorant.

...and even worse you are not horrified by that reality.

If America really found drunk driving to be unaceptable, things would change rather quickly...

#19     Nov 3, 2009
  10. the women are treated like pets more than like people. Imagine if a non-muslim male found out that someone forced his little sister or niece to dress like this constantly, be treated like this, be blocked from getting educated or getting a decent job. Most likely, the male would be outraged.

But, this goes on for hundreds of millions as if it is normal

#20     Nov 3, 2009