Arizona Sheriff: Won’t Enforce Immigration Law

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hermit, Apr 29, 2010.

1. How about positioning soldiers along the border, just like pretty much every other country in the world? Perhaps that would be a better use for American troops than their current posts in South Korea & Europe.

Iraq may be debatable, but how about the 28,500 U.S. troops stationed in S. Korea and 75,000 in Germany? I think those countries can handle their own defense needs with their own people by now. Re-station all those U.S. military personnel on the Mexican border, and it wouldn't be so easy to jump across.

Am I missing something here? Any reason why this wouldn't work?

#11     Apr 29, 2010
  2. PatternRec

PatternRec Guest

Sounds good. It would certainly go a long way towards reducing the flow. But what about the tens of millions of illegals here now? Amnesty? Perhaps considering that the flow of illegals would likely be effectively stopped.

See the second paragraph of the post you quoted.

#12     Apr 29, 2010
  3. If you were to relieve him of his duties, then what would be the point of, or basis for, throwing him in prison? (Power junkie alert! :p )

Personally, I admire the good sheriff's display of conscience and the courage it took to place his long-standing career on the line in the name of principle. You don't see a lot of that. I can see him being ousted in the worst case by those less principled. But imprisoned? That's just nonsense.

#13     Apr 29, 2010
  4. That part is much tougher, and I doubt there are any easy answers.

#14     Apr 29, 2010
  5. 377OHMS

377OHMS

He is elected. Recall him.

#15     Apr 29, 2010
  6. [​IMG]

lol

#16     Apr 29, 2010
  7. I agree. Why is this not even discussed, except by Ron Paul? Ho wlong are we supposed to defend the Koreans, who have a booming economy and a huge trade advantage with us?

#17     Apr 30, 2010
  8. Mav88

Mav88

The border with Korea is a war zone, it's different. I think the troops could do it but there needs to be a physical barrier as well.

Enforcing the law means going and finding the criminals, it's what cops are supposed to do. You can be pulled over at any time if your happen to match the description of a bank robber. You can be stopped randomly at alcohol check roadblocks.

It's constitiutinal to comb the population for criminals. I want to the police to do it, I have nothing to hide.

We have a problem, millions of criminals are walking among us. We have good information that they look like mexicans because they come from Mexico. We don't have the problem of tens of millions of Canadians crossing illegally, so we don't look for them.
    Crying racism is just a ruse for the criminals to hide behind, and just another left wing urination on the american people.

The criminals don't even try and hide their disrespect for our laws, they wave their Mexican flags and shout down challengers. Most people would not dream of being so rude, but the criminals are emboldened by the american left. The criminals don't like us much, they just want money. I don't blame them for that, however they take way more than they contribute back economically. Even if they pay taxes and pick our lettuce, they still are leaches on american society because the hidden costs are so much greater.

#18     May 1, 2010