Arizona May Remove Obama From Ballot

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, May 18, 2012.

1. America needs a science-based approach to Odumbo's birthplace issue... ONE SIDE IS LYING... we need to find out which one.

There are conflicting evidence/stories... (one local registrar in Kenya swears he has documentation that Odumbo was born there). A forensic investigation would look into all the documentation and be able to determine who's telling the truth.

So long as the conflict remains unresolved, the hoi polloi argue like schoolyard children.... too much at stake to not know the facts.

#11     May 20, 2012
  2. Nope,none of that is needed.Obama will be on every state ballot,win and serve out his second term while looney birthers continue to make asses out of themselves

#12     May 20, 2012
  3. jem

jem

He may be on every ballot but you still don't have any proof of where he was born. That moves you one step closer to 1984 and makes obamaloons the perfect example of govt drones.

#13     May 20, 2012
  4. I wonder how happy you will be when Obama finally runs the country into the ground. Stalinism and Maoism have destroyed their respective countries, now you want to follow in their footsteps with Obamaism.

Some people just never learn.

#14     May 20, 2012

5. http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2009/Jul/27/br/hawaii90727082.html

Obama Hawaii born, insist Isle officials

“I, Dr. Chiyome Fukino, director of the Hawai‘i State Department of Health, have seen the original vital records maintained on file by the Hawai‘i State Department of Health verifying Barrack Hussein Obama was born in Hawai‘i and is a natural-born American citizen. I have nothing further to add to this statement or my original statement issued in October 2008 over eight months ago....”

Hawaii's Republican Governor Linda Lingle

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/28W_9feWxBg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#15     May 20, 2012
  6. Its republicans who run this country into the ground,some people just never learn :(

#16     May 20, 2012
  7. pspr

pspr

Controversy over President Barack Obama's eligibility to be president flared anew Friday as Democrats criticized an Arizona state official's request for Hawaii officials to confirm they have Obama's birth certificate.

The attorney general's office in the Aloha State responded late Friday that if Arizona Secretary of State Ken Bennett wants the verification, he'll have to prove he legitimately needs it.

So-called birthers maintain that Obama was born in Kenya, his father's homeland, and his birth certificate must be a fake. The Constitution requires the president and vice president to be natural-born U.S. citizens.

Arizona House Minority Leader Chad Campbell, a Democrat, called Bennett's request for Obama's records "blatant political pandering."

Bennett, an elected Republican, denied that, saying he was responding to constituents' concerns. "I am not a birther," he said.

Bennett had said Thursday during an interview on radio station KFYI that Obama's Arizona ballot status is in question unless and until Hawaii responds positively to his request under a Hawaii law regarding confirmation of birth certificates.

When asked whether a lack of confirmation from Hawaii could keep Obama off the ballot, Bennett told the KFYI interviewer, "That's possible."

Hawaii's health department said its director got Bennett's request in March and forwarded it to the state attorney general's office for a response.

Bennett said earlier Friday that he assumes he'll get confirmation he requested in March from Hawaii officials. "I'm working from the assumption that they will verify it one way or another," he told The Associated Press.

But Joshua Wisch, special assistant to Hawaii Attorney General David Louie, said Bennett hasn't provided the legal basis for his request, despite numerous email and phone exchanges between officials in the two states.

"As soon as Secretary Bennett's office provides adequate legal authority, it will receive the verification," Wisch said in a statement emailed to The Associated Press late Friday.

Hawaii state law requires Bennett to show that his office needs the records to update its official lists as part of its ordinary work, Wisch said.

Bennett's inquiry follows a renewed flurry of questioning about Obama's birthplace. The secretary of state said no candidates will get on Arizona's ballot without submitting forms declaring their eligibility.

"No one is on the ballot yet," he said.

He said "sure" when asked whether the eligibility form alone would be enough to get Obama on the ballot even if Hawaii doesn't respond, but he also said he didn't want to speculate about things that might or might not happen.

The notion that Obama was born abroad is raised regularly by some conservatives in Arizona, where Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio in March released a report from a volunteer posse challenging the authenticity of Obama's birth certificate.

However, Hawaii officials have publicly stated numerous times as early as October 2008 they have Obama's birth certificate, and the White House last year released a copy of Obama's long-form birth certificate in an attempt to quell the issue. Courts also have rebuffed lawsuits over the issue.

A former legislator who is exploring a 2014 candidacy for governor, Bennett said there won't be any political benefit from whatever he does on this issue.

He said his office was fielding numerous calls from people complaining about his request.

On the other side of the issue, "no matter what I do, it won't be enough for the birthers," Bennett said.

___

Associated Press writer Oskar Garcia in Honolulu contributed to this report.

http://ktar.com/6/1543045/Obama-birth-certificate-issue-raised

#17     May 20, 2012
  8. BSAM

BSAM

No, brother AK; it's Republicans and Democrats.

#18     May 20, 2012
  9. More Reps with college degrees than Dems.

Also, I think the Dems have the majority of people who are misfits.

So you could be right...the Reps are running the country into the ground.

#19     May 20, 2012
  10. Chart is old but blue states generally have a higher % of college graduates then red states

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#20     May 20, 2012