Arizona May Remove Obama From Ballot

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, May 18, 2012.

1. pspr

pspr

By Keith Koffler

Arizona Secretary of State Ken Bennett is threatening to keep President Obama’s name off the state’s ballot in November unless he receives confirmation from Hawaii that it has a valid birth certificate on file for him.

Bennett, who spoke to Arizona radio host Mike Broomhead Thursday, said he requested the confirmation eight weeks ago and has not gotten it. Hawaii, he said, does not have to supply a certified copy of the birth certificate, merely send him an email confirming that it has one.

Asked by Broomhead if he would remove Obama’s name from the ballot if Hawaii fails to comply, Bennett said: “That’s possible. Or the other option would be that I would ask all the candidates, including the president, to submit a certified copy of their birth certificate.”

Bennett said Hawaii law permits government officials to request verification of possession of a birth certificate in lieu of a certified copy.

“They could say yes tomorrow and the whole thing goes away,” Bennett said. “If they can’t say yes to that simple question, then it makes me wonder if we have to take it to another level. One way or another, we have to have some simple verification that people are qualified for the office if they’re going to be on the ballot here in Arizona.”

Bennett asserted that he is not a “birther” and denied accusations that he is playing to the birther crowd in Arizona because he wants to run for governor. But Bennett also hedged in stating his belief that Obama was Hawwaii-born.

http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2012/05/18/ariz-secretary-state-threatens-remove-obama-ballot/

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Although it wouldn't prevent Odumbo from getting re-elected it would be a major slap in the face for "the one".

3. jem

jem

this is interesting.
    so who in HI is willing to sign something under the penalty of perjury.
    Something which could come back to haunt them in a big way if they misrepresent a fact to the court.

4. pspr

pspr

I wonder how much longer he will wait before demanding certified bc copies from the candidates? I guess he will have to wait until after the conventions to make that request.

5. Obama's gotta be angry that Hawaii would put him through the possibility of being eliminated from the Arizona ballot. What will voters from Arizona do - vote for Obama as a write in candidate?

Obama should pick up the phone to Hawaii and light a fire (lua?) under somebody's butt.

6. pspr

pspr

Surely there is some lying democrat in the Hawaii records office who is willing to send that email to Arizona.

7. Now, don't give up so easily. Stop the odumbo stuff, show us that you can and will work with the GOP to beat the President. Yes, he is the President, as was Clinton. We may like them, but they are our Presidents.

We can win without reverting to such foolishness. Don't give the MSM more ammunition.

8. Lucrum

Lucrum

Who said I gave up?
    go fuck your mother
    I don't actually care that much for the current GOP. on a scale of 100 they're a 2 and the democraps are a 1...
    you still here? I thought I told you to go fuck your mother.

9. I am sure they are trying to find one.

10. <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SEc374FgwVo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#10     May 20, 2012