Arizona Gov fights for Obamacare/Arizona Sheriff suspends immigration efforts

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Jun 7, 2013.

1. I read someone saying ( i think it was a Republican,i'm not certain)something to the effect of . . .

When the facts change , i change my opinion. What do you do , Sir.

#11     Jun 8, 2013
  2. Max E.

Max E.

By definition, facts dont change, only peoples opinion on them do.

#12     Jun 8, 2013
  3. Maybe AK will help me out and post his actual words , and who said it.:(.

#13     Jun 8, 2013
  4. There you go again back to trying to make yourself sound smart and important. There are too many of you guys on the right who stroke their own ego. What's up with that?

#14     Jun 8, 2013
  5. jem

jem

Anybody anti american enough to still cheerlead Obamacare or Obama's governance is beyond analysis. Even the New York times has had enough.

I could care less about the az governor on this issue. I have noticed ever since here showdown on the tarmac she has rolled over like a puppy dog on immigration and now this issue. Maybe they caught her cheeating on her taxes.

I suspect Chicago got to justice roberts and her.

#15     Jun 8, 2013
  6. Fight the voice in your head jem, remember the embarrassing birther fiasco.

#16     Jun 9, 2013
  7. pspr

pspr

What's embarrassing about to us about Obama releasing a fake birth certificate? If anybody should be embarrassed it is those supporting this criminal in the White House.

#17     Jun 9, 2013
  8. piezoe

piezoe

In a democracy, a plutocracy, or even a fledgling fascist state, one is most often faced with a choice between mediocre and worse -- the best option being nearly always precluded in a democracy by the necessity of compromise; in a plutocracy, by the selfish self- interest; and in a fascist state by the need to centralize control. The choice between accepting federal dollars and expanding medicaid with the knowledge that State contributions will ultimately increase, or not accepting the federal dollars and not expanding medicare, may be such a choice between not very good and worse yet. States that don't expand medicare will be, if any, those states that already provide inadequate medicaid, and will be the most backward, and coincidentally, the most Baptist States in the Union. For certain, they will be a State with a Republican governor. A State such as Mississippi would be a prime candidate. This is symptomatic of the insanity that has seized the Republican party and may, if the more progressive Republicans are unable to wrest control from ignoramuses in their party, foretell the eventual death of the GOP. More likely, however, we will see the GOP in a struggle between a more, or less, progressive splinter group, that will divide conservative voter strength, possibly for many elections to come.

A similar, but less pressing danger confronts the Democratic Party. Both parties are therefore increasing vulnerable to the threat of strong candidates running as independents. Particularly now that the internet gives cheap access to the voting population, and low cost fund raising. A candidate, such as Michael Bloomberg, running for national office as an independent would represent formidable opposition to both parties. It could be that the dominance of the internet in the lives of Americans will be responsible for the end of the two party political system in the United States.

The mean age in the U.S. is increasing, it's currently about 35. It is projected to keep increasing through the first quarter of the 21st century. With age comes health concerns. The American population will increase its interest in access to affordable health care for at least another decade. The older a person is, the more important they consider health care to be. The number of voters who place health care equal to or above all other issues in importance is growing. Politicians who ignore demographics, are asking to be defeated.

#18     Jun 9, 2013
  9. Piezoe . . . you have to post more often.

#19     Jun 9, 2013
  10. jem

jem

hey uniformed citizen I predicted it would get to a trial court and it did. (I did not think a lawyer would refuse a default on put on her dog and pony show.)

i stated no one knows where he was born because he has never vouched for his birth in the U.S. under oath or to a court or a state body.

#20     Jun 9, 2013