Arizona Aims to Make President Obama Prove He's a 'Natural Born Citizen"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jficquette, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Bigarrow,

No where does it say Natural Born Citizen in any of that. What is confusing is the only context the status is relevant is when it comes to being President. No where else in society does it matter except when holding the office of the presidency.

John

Here is a You Tube Video that goes over it. Sort of cheesy sounding but listen closely to it when it gets into the status of the parents.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QEnaAZrYqQI&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QEnaAZrYqQI&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

#31     Apr 21, 2010
  2. I know, and I saw your qualified reference. Forgive me if I'm putting too fine a point on it, but I'm just saying that this comparison is not a very good one. Critics rejected Bush's "some kind of admission" because it was half-assed and disingenuous, as noted in my previous post. Therefore, their complaint was not entirely without merit. However, the birthers have no leg to stand on whatsoever. (Shall we call them birthbrains?)

#32     Apr 21, 2010
  3. jficquette you're going to have to help me out. Where in the constitution does it say both parents have to be US Citizens to be a natural born citizen. I can't find where it says that, I'm tired if it's there I missed it.

#33     Apr 21, 2010
  4. It doesn't say it in the Constitution. It just says Natural Born Citizen. Natural Born Citizen is considered to mean both parents as citizens. That is the language that is in the McCain Senate resolution.

#34     Apr 21, 2010
  5. Ricter

Ricter

But keep in mind the primacy of the first sentence of the Constitution. If the authors hadn't meant it to be the most important, it would not be first. All that follows is, at best, secondary. "Natural born citizen" does not appear in the first sentence. It's important that the Constitution not be watered down. In fact, the first word is the most primary part of the first sentence--"We".

Om.

#35     Apr 21, 2010
  6. I think you're letting your desire to oust Obama over ride your common sense. The McCain Senate resolution has nothing to do with Obama being born in Hawaii and his dad not being a citizen, two different issues.
    Natural Born Citizen is considered to mean born in the United States period. A fine example of this is President Obama, proof of the pudding.
    But don't worry, Obama will be out of office in seven years and then maybe ya'll have another shot at the presidency.

#36     Apr 21, 2010
  7. Perhaps you should call Az and straighten it out.

Arizona State Capitol
    West Wing
    1700 W. Washington, 9th Fl.
    Phoenix, AZ 85007
    Fax:(602)542-7601
    Tel: (602)542-4331 (602)542-4331 11/98
    email: azgov@azgov.com
    web: http://www.governor.state.az.us

#37     Apr 21, 2010
  8. Straighten what out, Obama is president and his dad is not a citizen. I was replying to your statement not on the AZ issue.

#38     Apr 21, 2010
  9. You just claim to know what a NBC is. Why don't you call them so they don't have to pass any laws.

Save them some time.

#39     Apr 21, 2010
  10. Ricter

Ricter

Arguing with them is no doubt like arguing with you. Why even suggest it, no one's going to change your mind, are they?

#40     Apr 21, 2010