ari kiev: dead @ 75.

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by gaj, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Do you actually think you could shine this man's shoes?

#11     Nov 30, 2009
  2. trader99

trader99

That's taken totally out of context of the article. If you scrolled a little above, it said his other rather impressive academic achievements:

"Ari Nissan Kiev was born in the Bronx, the son of a rabbi, and grew up in Washington Heights. He attended Stuyvesant High School and graduated from Harvard in 1954 with a degree in social relations. After earning a medical degree in 1958 from Cornell Medical College and pursuing his psychiatric training at Johns Hopkins and at the Institute of Psychiatry at the Maudsley Hospital in London, he returned to Cornell to head its department of social psychiatry."

Stuy, Harvard, MD from Cornell. Not shabby at all. The working toward his MS in executive healthcare was in pursue of additional learning after a lifetime of academic and professional achievements.

:)

#12     Nov 30, 2009
  3. I credit Dr. Kiev as the one who helped me take my trading to the next level. For years I had struggled with daily, weekly and monthly monetary levels that had served as mental barriers. His work helped me overcome these mental blocks and freed me to realize returns I never thought possible. RIP Ari, you will be missed.

#13     Nov 30, 2009
  4. I have copies of his books if anyone wants them.

They aren't really that good, sorry to say.

#14     Nov 30, 2009
  5. doublef

doublef

there you go, finally, some one is telling the truth!

that loser couldn't even trade himself out of a paper bag (to use a cliche), and he was writing books on "psychology of trading."

I know psychology, his book had nothing to do with psychology that I know.

I don't know what kind of psychology he was writing about, I just don't see anything in his book that provides a psychological reason for trading.

#15     Nov 30, 2009
  6. doublef

doublef

hilarious, you memory has clearly failed you.

hey, tomorrow is Christmas Day and the market will be closed.

#16     Nov 30, 2009
  7. Trading Psychology Books...

Focusing - see Gendlin
    Ruth Roosevelt - Habitudes of Traders..

Woody Dorsey - Behavorial Trading

Steenberger - a few

Alexander Elder - a few, look

Theres more.. but usually you should start with differentiating your current state as a trader

<b>Discovery Phase:</b>

discovering what you like to trade and what would optimize your psychology / risk disposition...

Discovering how to profitably trade.

Finding resources to make your trading happen

<b>Knowledge Phase:</b>

knowing your model, know your edge, know your limit and know when to walk away.

<b>Actualization</b> - Trading your plan in a way that suits your goals and is in line with your risk objectives...

These steps follow each other... and change with time, but in general they are good reference points, I think.

#17     Nov 30, 2009