Arguments for certain profit targets for Intraday trading.

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by Risepoint1879, May 9, 2019.

1. qlai

qlai

7e2cf5b96c581b86b5f269f0a3489373.jpg @schweiz, I agree with what you are saying, but I think you are being a bit too harsh.

#11     May 10, 2019
    S-Trader and Overnight like this.
  2. That's the second time you suggested I'm getting paid to make threads. I am not, I am curious about different things. I don't know what you have against people making threads, but that's your issue.

As I mentioned in the first line of my post, I'm aware that I need to backtest my own strategy. But I want some hear some different approaches because I might resonate with an idea that someone puts out there.

#12     May 10, 2019
    qlai likes this.
  3. schweiz

schweiz

Your question does not make sense. Only you can optiomize your trading system as nobody else has any clue about that system.
    I am not jealous on you because having many questions means that you still have a lot to learn. If not you would have less questions, but a lot of answers.

You started 33 threads in less then 4 months, not the typical average poster on ET. I think nobody opens new threads on a higher rate than you.

PS: will try to be a bit less harsh.

#13     May 10, 2019
  4. 33 threads is alot, it added up quick.

#14     May 10, 2019
  5. Turveyd

Turveyd

More trades in theory should be more profitable, but add in Extra Comm's cost, same Loss potential, lower profit potential and exposing yourself to more losing trades potentially.

There is no actual answer, too many variables, just do what works for you, I exit position on stall unless really strong market then I try to ride it.

#15     May 10, 2019
    MsFutures, Risepoint1879 and volpri like this.
  6. Did you catch any nice moves on tariff news?

#16     May 10, 2019
  7. Turveyd

Turveyd

No idea, when that was, don't follow news, hell of a strong day mind made 15% area could of easily of made 300%, no way to know it would be so damn strong :( Going Full Time so kinda stressed!!

#17     May 10, 2019
  8. I know the struggle of second guessing missed profit.

#18     May 10, 2019
  9. Turveyd

Turveyd

Didn't go counter trend and get gambly as I'd missed profit, so all is good :)

#19     May 10, 2019
  10. I know exactly what you mean. Counter trend was the most destructive thing I did as an amateur, took me months to stop gambling on the reversal impulsively.

#20     May 10, 2019