Argh! 2 day losing streak to start my Da-Trading career...

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by BostonKiller, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Drop the tight stops and stop using someone else’s buy and sell signals. Get familiar with a small group of stocks and trade them.
    Like Jayford said , no one ever loses money paper trading .
    One of the biggest challenges of Day Trading is the mental aspect of it. Can you think straight when you are in a losing position, or do you get deer in the headlight syndrome and panic ? Can you get out of a wining position and not be a greedy pig so that your winner then turns into a loser ? On the opposite end of that can you stay with a winner long enough for better gains or are you going to scalp for small profits and give away a lot of money to your broker ? I don’t care how smart you are or how much you know about the markets or day trading , if you can not handle the mental stress of trading you will fail.

#31     Sep 28, 2008
  2. I wholeheartedly agree with that. I hope that I'm strong enough to withstand the losses and missed profits, but only time will really tell.

I will keep you guys posted though :)

#32     Sep 28, 2008
  3. Well like some one said Follw a certain group or a certain sector and preety soon you get to know the in ,s and out of a stock
    I my self am going to start daytrading by 1st week of Jan
    And that what my mentor taught me follow a certain sector ( financial,s ) which i am following right now even do i am not trading full time.
    I have already failed once due to overconfidence
    and Just trading anything i see.
    So this time when i start i want to do it good :)

#33     Sep 28, 2008
  4. Heh, well I finally turned a positive trade today. Overslept and was super-scared in the morning, but made one trade and came away with a whopping $0.41 :D

Many thanks to NoDoji, SchraderTrader and others who contributed valuabe advice!

#34     Sep 30, 2008
  5. So the 20 or so posters gave you their .02 and you made a penny on the deal?

#35     Sep 30, 2008