Argghh! Remote trading

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Smart Money, May 31, 2011.

1. Hey all,

After looking for a platform that allows me to use a web-based trading platform THAT HAS A TRAILING STOP, I selected a broker that accomodates that platform.

Now I find out that this web-based platform doesn't have a trailing stop. Even though the platform company's OWN WEBSITE says they do.

So now I'm back on the hunt for a web-based platform that has a trailing stop.

I did look at using gotomypc and porting to my computer at home, but it takes a long-ish time to log in. Too long.

So now I'm considering just putting a permanent platform on on a flash drive...think that'll work?

SM

2. Interactive Brokers has all kinds of stops and they do have web interface. You can try their demo account.

3. Looks like I'd have to do a re-configuration every time I downloaded it.

Trying to do "stealth stuff" at work.

Anyone ever put a platform on a flash drive?

Anyone?

SM

4. I did find I could run a dedicated platform from a flash drive on a "foreign" computer.

But interestingly, I guess my complaint was heard and I got an e-mail from CTS saying that they will be putting a trailing stop on their web and i-phone platforms this weekend.

I have to give them kudos since they did respond to my concerns and actually changed their program. Pretty responsive, I think. Anxious to try that out now.

SM