Argggghhh!!! Cnbc Is A Bunch Of Morons!

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ByLoSellHi, Sep 27, 2006.

1. e-miNY

e-miNY

Isnt the choppiness due to getting into a big number (ie 1350)?

#11     Sep 27, 2006
  2. you should see the put buying going on in the indices

not everyone is buying this rally....

i hate to just short blind into the strength myself....

#12     Sep 27, 2006
  3. they did remember to mention that the dollar is a lot weaker now than it was when it made it's highs

#13     Sep 27, 2006
  4. SteveD

SteveD

I am not nearly as smart as you guys so I have to watch CNBC to keep abreast of the happenings....

I saw several discussions regarding the DOW 30, number of the stocks up but also the number down...biggest drag, biggest winner etc etc......lots of discussion regarding SP 500 and why it is so important.....discussion on NASDAQ and how far back it is...

But hey, that's just me.....

SteveD

#14     Sep 27, 2006
  5. Dod you see the promiment 'Breaking News: DOW Within X Points of All Time High' they had displayed on the bottom of the screen the entire day?

#15     Sep 27, 2006
  6. You mean M3, not the economy.

#16     Sep 27, 2006
  7. kowboy

kowboy

Yes,

M3, the total money supply aggregate, which is conveniently no longer reported, so we suckers out here can't figure out if if the economy is growing at a blistering rate or if the money supply is inflated instead, skewing the numbers.

Another smoke and mirrors job by the Fed.

#17     Sep 27, 2006
  8. #18     Sep 27, 2006
  9. Wetton

Wetton

Sounds like some people are caught on the wrong side of the market.

If you're very confident in your convictions that all is not well, then short and don't worry what CNBC has to say.

I can remember to this day when the market was falling apart in 2000 and CNBC would trot out analyst after analyst. The only discussion was whether the ensuing economic (and market) rebound was going to be u-shaped or v-shaped.

#19     Sep 27, 2006
    #20     Sep 27, 2006