ARealGannTrader

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by ARealGannTrader, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Illum

Illum

And there continues to be none. This thread has calls in it. Nothing about Gann in here

#41     Apr 4, 2009
  2. You've got to be kidding.
    If the market goes below 7261?
    That's almost 800 points from here!
    What kind of trading methodology is that?
    :D

#42     Apr 4, 2009
  3. Grains, mexi pete, steel, oil, wheat, corn: Once the methodology is understood, then if it has prices it can be traded with a profit.

My analysis has produced a nice profit thus far.

#43     Apr 4, 2009
  4. I don't tolerate lazy. Neither did Mr. Gann. The calls will generate profit. The desire to know how those calls were made will generate questions.

I will make calls and answer questions.

#44     Apr 4, 2009
  5. The calls are precisely Gann. That is why they work.

#45     Apr 4, 2009
  6. Volatility. Gann discussed things about range. Range is volatility.

Analysis calls for a weekly stop 800 points away at this phase in the move.

#46     Apr 4, 2009
  7. Gann discussed many things; you're not providing anything useful unless the reasoning behind the numbers is included.

#47     Apr 4, 2009
  8. ea0680

ea0680

I for one am very interested in Gann and would like to know how you are using his teachings to obtain your key descision points.

I have a open mind. It turns out that I have been helped (and humbled) more by old school traders- Andrews, Wychoff , Elliott (in that order) than by any of the current nowaday trading gurus (exception is Robert Miner, Timothy Morge and a few others).

So, I am listening to you and following your thread, and hope that you could post some links to books / or other material /sites that you found elevated your trading and you think may be of value to others. Anything that can help bridge the gap between the seemingly mystical (astrology, etc) and bring it down to actual use in real life trading would help tremendously -

I look forward to your reply..

Thanks -

#48     Apr 4, 2009
  9. Here is something useful.

Go back and study what Gann said about range.

Come here and ask an informed question to further your understanding of the subject.

#49     Apr 5, 2009
  10. Start with the book-"How to make profits in commodities"

2. Tell me what you know about Gann methods.

No particular order is needed. Just tell me what you have been working on.

#50     Apr 5, 2009