Are you the 99%?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, Oct 12, 2011.

Are you the 99%

1. Yes, I am the 99% and I hate the rich!

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. No, I'm the 1% and I earned everything I made

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. Yes, I'm the 99%, but I support the 1% because they work hard

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  4. Yes, Im the 99% and I couldnt care less about who has what.

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  1. Max E.

Max E.

Im trying to get into other things right now, but i am scared of investing in the U.S. I already tried bottom feeding and bought a house in California, i ended up selling it and dumping 50k plus the amount i lost in the devaluation of the U.S. dollar over that period.

I bounce around between here and Canada, and just don't spend enough time in one place to justify buying a house to live in. I currently have all of my money in Canadian dollars, except for a couple hundred thousand i keep in my trading account which i need to have for the ability to trade. (if i could keep that in Canadian dollars i would)

I have been thinking about buying 3-4 cheap houses in Phoenix, and getting a company to manage the properties, i have talked to a couple people who are apparently getting a yield greater than 10% pretty easily but that brings a whole slew of new problems, andi just don't know how much i want to tie up money in U.S. dollar denominated assets, or how much i want to deal with the hassle of being a land lord.

You are right though, i need to put money to work elsewhere to insure my future, i just don't know where, and i want to find something which doesn't require a lot of time on my part to manage. Plus im scared of committing money to new ideas where i dont have any experience.

#11     Oct 14, 2011