Are you smarter than a top M.I.T. Grad?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by zx12, May 26, 2010.

1. This is for single contract. You can easily go 4 contract for a 10K account. Or even better is that you scale out as you grow and make even more.

Moral of story!

You will eventually get it if you keep trying hard and have an average or above intelligence.

• pnl2.png
      File size:
      25.7 KB
      Views:
    #51     Jun 12, 2010
  2. exactly, the opening posters comment was absurd. I personally know several guys from my area that were millionaires in their early 20's, quite a few had only a high school diploma. However they had the knack (upaya) for trading. The thing is to find out what you are good at it and maximize it whether its programming, trading or whatever. The US has fallen behind because we do not emphacize education the way the asians and indians do. Asians are always at the top of their classes here in US. Good trading.
    :)

#52     Jun 12, 2010
  3. Rimping

Rimping

"Are you smarter than a top M.I.T. Grad?"

I think so, yes. They mostly can't trendtrade for example.

#53     Jun 13, 2010
  4. I have to agree with the above statement....the "Bernie Madoff" reference actually happened to me (as a joke).

But as can be seen,I removed all notion that I agree with 'autowealth' "offer"...cash or code...cost of code cannot be determined until there is a complete package,therefore the point related to cash as an option is moot.

NiN

#54     Jun 13, 2010
  5. I'm not sure I understand what you are saying.

I THINK you are saying "the amount of code needs to be specified" before the scope of the agreement can be understood.

Yes, I agree.

Anyone can contact me privately, and I can give the details of the code that I am working on and exactly what needs to be done. In fact, someone has already contacted me by private message.

My fundamental position remains that trolls and 'eternal doubters' should not get information about any successful automated trading system (rather than a need to profit from the information). However, I realize the value of the info and some code or cash would really help me launch a project.

You go on to say " therefore the point related to cash as an option is moot."
    I THINK you have a typo and meant to say "therefore the point related to CODE as an option is moot."

If that is what you meant, I agree. Moot means "open to discussion or debate" and therefore interested people can contact me privately to discuss exactly what code is needed.

After reading this forum for a few hours, it seems like there should be more organized collaborations on code. I see several users running into the same issues that I have. Hopefully, something positive will come about and I'm willing to release some code.

This industry is obviously still in it's infancy and I think that there should be better standards so that developers do not have to spend so much time coding.

#55     Jun 13, 2010
  6. You should've continued being quiet. You're not doing a public service. You're wrong. But you are right about being confused -- you clearly are.

#56     Jun 13, 2010
  7. nbates

nbates

it's a useful thread and I find it an interesting topic...there is a hell of a lot of difference between the "classroom" and the real world and I'd "guess" an MIT type who's been seriously "at it" coding every day, struggling, with their feet on the ground & in the trenches for 10 or more years should have a decent shot...depending of course on who their Mentors were along the way (jmho)

#57     Jun 21, 2010