Are you smarter than a top M.I.T. Grad?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by zx12, May 26, 2010.

1. Depends on what portion of the game you play.

Market Makers and Brokers making the spread, Commissions and gamma scalping are almost entirely automated containing risk and making consistent profits.

Retail Traders with small cash reserves and leverage are the reason the players above are able to make consistent profits.

#11     May 27, 2010
  2. The ability to be flexible and dynamic along with understanding market structure is what these MIT and the smartest kids do not understand or have put in the years to understand so put your fancy degree in my pipe and I will smoke you like market pros do to Ivy league grads for sport.

#12     May 27, 2010
  3. zx12

zx12

"For over two decades, Simons' Renaissance Technologies' hedge funds, which trade in markets around the world, have employed complex mathematical models to analyze and execute trades—many of them automated."

Where does it say ALL?? I read MANY!! Hence, he don't have it!! He's TAUGHT at Harvard & MIT!! Yeah, he's about as smart as the average Joe!! I bet, if you ask HIM can it be done today, he'd say NO! And people would still disagree with him!! HFT trading is completely different! Though some may call it a automated system!!

#13     May 27, 2010
  4. Dr Who

Dr Who

I developed my automated systems 3 years ago and they're both doing very well thanks. I tweak the settings every few months, based on my analysis of the new data. So far I haven't had a losing month, although I do have the occasional losing week.

Perhaps the investment departments are looking for the wrong grads. They need to come to London :)

#14     May 27, 2010
  5. Dogfish

Dogfish

6. Aitch Eff Tee

Aitch Eff Tee Guest

Another troll.

Just ignore.

Plenty of examples in the industry of automated systems making shit loads of money.

#16     May 27, 2010
  7. You keep telling yourself that. Write a book, go on an international speaking tour, spend hours and hours each day on trading blog sites telling everyone you know this is a fact.

PLEASE!

#17     May 27, 2010
  8. jprad

jprad

You said "a fully automated profitable profitable system." Nowhere did you say "all."

Give it a rest, dork.

#18     May 27, 2010
  9. me2

me2

im definitely not smarter than a top MIT grad-

but then again i do know how to tap a keg and talk to strippers

#19     May 27, 2010
  10. Most people couldn't win on the program "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?".

Including M.I.T. grads.

#20     May 27, 2010