Are you sick of technical analysis? I am...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by retaildaytrader, Oct 21, 2009.

1. How about all the stuff that ISN'T written in books, websites, and the like? Of course there can be no SECRET strats if books have been written about them.

LoL :D

PS You actually think everything about every trading strat has been written somewhere for all to see?? Even more LoL!

#41     Oct 22, 2009
  2. flatron

flatron

To be honest, that's what I thought. Especially with the age we are in now with the internet and public forums etc. I find it hard to imagine that anything can be kept 'secret', although as a relative newbie, it does feel as though there is stuff that is kept behind closed doors. I would be tempted to think that the people apparently 'in the know' are just trying to frustrate people (frustrated is defninitely how i feel) although in some cases, the ones 'in the know' are moderators of a forum and been around for the best part of a decade. Doesn't make sense....Just what else can there BE though??

#42     Oct 22, 2009
  3. Think about it, if you have a method that you've developed (many many hours) that essentially prints you money on a daily basis, what possible benefit would it be to you to lay it all out on the table in a book or on a website, every single detail?

Most people are willing to help or share some tips to get a trader looking in the right direction but very very few will ever hand over the keys to the kingdom. A dying man, ok maybe. But otherwise it's foolish to share with the masses. Mentoring someone and giving them a lot more, ok, I can see that cause I have done it a couple times :)

#43     Oct 22, 2009
  4. You mean like the secrets to a good erection? I think I just got some more spam trying to sell me a secret pill for a good erection. Well, there are secrets out there like the ones that the FBI discovered with Galleon. I guess those were secrets.

I have learned through this exercise the best trader is the one in the mirror. The hedge fund traders, the message board traders, the ones in institutions are no better then you. Those guys make the same mistakes as Joe Blow who trades from his workplace in Virginia using TDAmeritrade and 25k.

However, the difference is that those guys somehow convinced someone else to give them money or to make them an offer for employment at a big firm.

There are no secrets to the game. Like it says in all of the popular trading books. Its about emotional control and behavior, not smarts. In fact, it seems the smarter you are then the harder it is to make money. Wasn't it Mark Twain that lost his shirt in the market and fell for the railroad scams? Are not clueless athletes best at pit trading?

All these message board traders with the charts are more then likely trying to build a following so they can down the road get a subscription site going. Then they charge 50 dollars a month per head. 50 times 100 lemmings is 5 grand that may never be reported to the IRS. Not bad for sitting around all day and typing nonsense.

#44     Oct 22, 2009
  5. I took this chart off of another website. The chart looks good and can probably sell subscriptions, but can money be made from it? How well did the person who write this chart do this year when compared to other traders?

This chart is nice to look at and good for academic discussion, but I dont think anyone can make a dime from it and may probably lose some...

[​IMG]

#45     Oct 22, 2009
  6. You're not "getting it". What's Popular does NOT = successful trading. Bits and pieces of course, but never as packaged. That's the rub, if trading was a turn key system that any schmo could apply from a book then it wouldn't have such huge rewards. The reason it is hugely rewarding financially is that so many must lose.

#46     Oct 22, 2009
  7. Nicely stated!

#47     Oct 22, 2009
  8. flatron

flatron

how do i get in the club of learning to trade without charts and TA and use whatever it is that prints money?

#48     Oct 22, 2009
  9. who said anything about not needing charts or TA?? I do, without them I would have no idea how to trade the ES.

If you want to get into any "club" you're going to have to put in the screen time like every one of us. I hope you have at least 2 yrs handy :)

#49     Oct 22, 2009
  10. maxpi

maxpi

If it was easy, everybody would be doing it.

#50     Oct 22, 2009