Are you scared when you go short these days?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by QdzResurrection, Dec 16, 2003.

1. Agreed that it is not easy to be short facing that sort of news. And eventually chances are they will probably get the bastard.

But what about being long and facing Greenspan in front of congress, the freak leader in N. Korea, China/Taiwan facing off, lost Russian nukes, option week games, these CPI and PPI reports, Wal-Mart or Home Depot or Intel puking on itself, and the eventual terror event that happens here.

Point is, it's always something. There is just too much information out there. You just have to do your system with proper trade management (sizing and stops) and live your life. Somehow.

#11     Dec 16, 2003
  2. pspr

pspr

Monday evening I was beginning to think you were God. Today, I'm not so sure. :cool:

Wally

#12     Dec 16, 2003
  3. In that case I think we ought to capture him and not tell anybody for a while.

Michael B.

#13     Dec 16, 2003
  4. pspr

pspr

There's no nukes. If Saddam couldn't get any with his money, resources and contacts, I don't believe OBL could get any operating from his cave office.

Besides, if they had any, the idiots would have set at least one off by now while trying to figure out how it works.

#14     Dec 17, 2003
  5. we'll find santa before osama

#15     Dec 17, 2003
  6. Well, I am sure AMT will know how to balance the trade out to get out with a minimum of damage if it does go the wrong way. His scaling techniques he has displayed show the talent for getting the waves and anticipating ranges.

This is a simple exercise of balancing and/or waiting.

Michael B.

#16     Dec 17, 2003
  7. There'd be guys dying of radiation poisoning rather than accidental detonations. Stories of missing nukes could be fabrications of the press for ratings.

#17     Dec 17, 2003

8. good points! both of yeh's. (i'll sleep a little better now).

i am long volatility.

#18     Dec 17, 2003
  9. I will never be in that category! I am no different than you or anyone else here...just speculating as always, because I know "risk pays". :cool:

Good Fortunes!

Chris

BTW, the sooner we get OBL the better!!!

#19     Dec 17, 2003
  10. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

No I am not scared when I go short.
    I have been short all my life and it is not frightening at all.

I do not think they can capture Bin Laden.
    I think he has been dead a long time.
    He is just a rumor.

#20     Dec 18, 2003