Are You Right/Left, Authoritarian/Libertarian Take The Test

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Apr 26, 2012.

1. I was honest on the test, I did answer agree to the "from each according...." question. I answer agree each time I was asked if the government should get involved in some things. Gov. should not let corporations pollute with abandon. And no, not everything the corporation does is ultimately good for us.

Wild west capitalism? Ok, maybe capitalistic darwinism is a better term? This is bad. Think MSFT in the 90's, and early 2000's. Sun Micro helped many businesses when they sued and won. WMT is a problem here as well. Small towns HATE WMT, and with very good reason. In these cases, government has to get involved. The little guy needs to be protected.

#41     Apr 27, 2012
  2. The natural world is based on Darwinism so why would you think that economic interaction should not be Darwinistic?

#42     Apr 27, 2012
  3. All that said, the great icon in my corner of the spectrum is Mohandas Ghandi.

I am okay with that:D

#43     Apr 27, 2012
  4. A guy that didn't even have enough sense to wear shoes and thought that material needs/wants were irrelevant.

#44     Apr 27, 2012
  5. I think you are a sincere person too. So I am going to post this video in the hopes that you see where Darwinism among humans will ultimately lead.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XRLPG_HplrA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#45     Apr 27, 2012
  6. That is an interesting way to see him, I have to admit.

#46     Apr 27, 2012
  7. Brass

Brass

Oh, you think you're a rugged individualist? I've got news for you, sonny. You're nothing but a smudge to the people who would essentially own you if there were no regulatory oversight. And not a particularly self-preserving or smart smudge at that.

#47     Apr 27, 2012
  8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Dude, the NWO conspiracy has absolutely nothing to do with Darwinism. In fact, I could make a good argument that is promotes the opposite, as it WANTS people to be dependent on government. It enables behavior which is entirely the opposite of a "Survival of the Fittest" philosophy represents.

I have to confess I am at a complete loss with your response.

#48     Apr 27, 2012
  9. They are the Darwinists, Tsing. We are excess labor. They want a population reduction to cull the herd. That herd is you and I.

I just wanted to expose that on the ultimate scale. They are they predators, we are the prey. I am totally not okay with that.

Unchecked gov. is as bad as no gov. at all. We have to find that balance. That is what the founders knew and tried to do, in spite of their awareness of human behavior.

The natural state of gov is gridlock IMHO. They wanted to make it very hard for folks to do dumb shit that will last. So, they set it up for each party to overreach. Then the people react, and we have gridlock. That is why the markets took off after the midterms. The dems overreached, the people reacted...gridlock. Gridlock=stability.

#49     Apr 27, 2012
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

That's RCG for you and his now famous "logic".

#50     Apr 27, 2012