Are you ready to admit it? Global Depression

Discussion in 'Economics' started by cgtrader, Oct 24, 2008.

Have you admitted to yourself that a Global Depression is coming?

1. Yes

41 vote(s)
    52.6%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    23.1%
  3. You are crazy for asking, will never happen, everything will be ok

7 vote(s)
    9.0%
  4. I'm scared to admit it

12 vote(s)
    15.4%
  1. The videos are actually 5 parts did anyone watch them?

he paints a very ugly picture

#11     Oct 28, 2008
  2. Yeah well, Robert Prechter proved in his book that the west was going to collapse in a Grand Supercycle thingy in 1995 and he was still selling his book in 1996 too... he still predicts shit all the time... the moron kept people out of the greatest stock market run up since the tulip bubble but hey, probably he is much smarter now.....

I'm still going with my ammo and food production though, food production skills are a nice thing to have really, and it's a great hobby [especially in hyperinflation or hyperdeflation].

#12     Oct 28, 2008
  3. Anyone care to change their vote 1 1/2 months later?

I have seen nothing to stop the slide of the USA into oblivion, with the rest of the world following.

Starting to stock up on essentials.

Greek riots are foreshadowing.

#13     Dec 17, 2008
  4. maxpi

maxpi

It's going to be much worse than anybody thinks, I'm pretty sure of that. We were due for the normal recession but this banking freeze up occurred. Martin Armstrong predicted a banking crisis followed by hyperinflation nearly a decade ago, I think he was on the money for that one.. the current bailouts almost have to lead to inflation, I'm advising people I know to just hang on to their real estate if nothing else.

#14     Dec 17, 2008
  5. I'd love to hear your pitch on why to keep real estate?

#15     Dec 17, 2008
  6. Real estate will hold it's value in inflationary times, meanwhile you can live in it even.

#16     Dec 17, 2008
  7. For the longest time I have been thinking prolonged recession, no I am not sure, maybe the the Big D. Why, because things in general continue to get much worse. How about the Big 3 workers that are getting an extended vacation, plant idling. Just heard it on the radio.

I do my best to be logical and objective. As they say look around, talk to ppl., don't believe what the news or gov. tells you necessarily.

What have we have in the last decade. 3 bubbles. Stocks, Housing, Commodities. What do bubbles do they pop. What fueled the economy, for the most part, in the last 8 years, housing bubble. We all know it has popped and now you can no longer use your house as an ATM. So where do ppl. get money to keep this consumer orgy going? Cyah! Game Over! The "models" used before are broken so there is less confidence and it self perpetuates.

I am simple, logical guy, and that's the way I see it. Constructive criticism appreciated. :cool:

#17     Dec 17, 2008
  8. toc

toc

Time to hoarde up on 100s Kgs of Rice, Canned Beans and Lentils, fire wood, asprins and antibiotics, sugar.

In addition, do not forget,
    +a sharp knife,
    +a hand gun with ammo,
    +befriend a farmer to live off the land or even dig in a bunker house of 20x20
    +a bicycle
    +thermal blankets

Also do not forget to learn up new skills that can be used as part time work: plumbing, electricty, car repair and ofcourse farming!

Precaution is better than Cure! :D :cool: :p

#18     Dec 17, 2008
  9. That’s absolutely true, real estate is a really safe investment. Another good choice here would be REIT’s. People can invest in REITs either by purchasing their shares directly on an open exchange or by investing in a mutual fund that specializes in public real estate. Investing in REITs is a liquid, dividend-paying means of participating in the real estate market. Like any other market REIT’s have faced challenges due to slowing economy and the global financial crisis, but real estate is a strong field.

#19     Dec 17, 2008
  10. Cesko

Cesko

The same idiot. Thanks for contribution and now go fuck yourself.

#20     Dec 17, 2008