Are you profitable? So take this challenge...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Xtrader59, Dec 5, 2007.

1. This is the only part of your post that makes sense. Understanding it pretty much tells your whole story.

JJ

#41     Dec 6, 2007
  2. GGSAE

GGSAE

100K is nothing to a profitable trader, you would have to offer that up to at least 500K to have any level of serious interest in this pos deal....

#42     Dec 6, 2007
  3. Jeffrey

Jeffrey

As your day trader/consultant I would instant message you buy or sell calls along with the amount of shares to use. Your responsibility would be to follow every cue received using a margined account, and trade only my cues.

I would calculate a 2% management fee figured on the beginning account balance, and 40% incentive fee figured at the end of month invoiced at the end of month. I’ll accept payment through PayPal, wire, or whatever is easiest to insure continued cues.

If after two-three days of observation you should be convinced to go for every signal.

Jeffrey

#43     Dec 6, 2007
  4. This makes the decision very easy.

NO

#44     Dec 6, 2007
  5. The market is full of insurance mechanisms. The put writer is a classic example of a person taking other people's risks... There is always a price to be paid for the protection. Nothing unfair. No cheat. Just contract specifications. No deal? No deal, that's fine. I would take the risk if I could (if I were consistently profitable and confident).

I have managed to survive. I have not blown up my account. Maybe I am not so far away from profitability.

#45     Dec 6, 2007
  6. cd23

cd23

What would you do on day nine with double your money???

Can you afford to be in residence for eight days???

#46     Dec 6, 2007
  7. What would you do on day nine with double your money???

Can you afford to be in residence for eight days???

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't understand what you mean. Maybe it's because english is not my natural language. There is nothing about 8 days in my terms. Could you please clarify? Thank you. :confused:

#47     Dec 6, 2007
  8. cd23

cd23

I believe I read that the deal is over when you have doubled. I ran a calc to see the # of days it would take. It would take 8 days and you would be in residence here to check the balance at about 11:00am each day NY market time.

On day nine, you would be leaving the area as I understand it.
    To understand what I am saying, draw a graph eight days long and put a compounded curve in it so that the curve crosses two points A and B. A has coordinates 100,000 and day 1. B has coordinates 200,000 and day 8.

This graph, which is exponential in nature, allows for a compounded % gain each day. I know that you know the % in the compound interest formula since it is a commonly used %.

As we negotiate here and you find it acceptable to spend 8 days, then I will also stipulate that I keep the excess above the curve that you have drawn instead of making your trip shorter.

If your language skills begin to improve, explain this to your lawyers. I will also stipulate that I do not touch your money but just use a LPOA for your account and you do the transfer of excess profits to a third account since I do not want to foul up my tax situation with income from you.

Actually, I will not trade the accounts directly, nor will specific money be set aside. You will be able, on the other hand, to view the collateral that is in another larger account that is being traded but only to the extent that you see it has grown by a % larger than the compounded percent you will have calculated in the next 30 minutes.

#48     Dec 6, 2007
  9. cd23

cd23

15 minutes have passed.

#49     Dec 6, 2007
  10. cd23

cd23

Okay 30 minutes have passed.

The answer is 10% a day more or less. It is a postage stamp curve however.

To give you a context, margin for an ES contract is 500 dollars. 10% of margin is 50 dollars. 50 dollars in ES points is 1 point.

Making one point per day to net on day 1 would require making 10,000 dolars. That means that X contracts would be required.

By doing the math you can see x is 200. This means 100,000 dollars of margin is involved.

I do not make 1 point a day per contract. 1 point a day is a small number for any trader it turns out.

So I need less than the 100,000 in capital and I can make more than I need to satisfy my contract with you.

So 30 minutes passed and now I am finishing up posting to you.

#50     Dec 6, 2007