Are you prepared?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by qdz2, Feb 23, 2003.

1. There is nothing else ...

#11     Feb 23, 2003
  2. burnin

burnin

If youve been "paying your dues" in this mkt for the last 2 years, and you're still solvent, I think you'd be a fool to leave now.

#12     Feb 23, 2003
  3. And its this view that causes people to spend 5 years or more with nothing to show for it.

#13     Feb 23, 2003

4. Howdy Gnome,

The dogs are doing well, all 4 of them. My 13 yr old and 12 yr old still move around real good for their ages. (maybe it's that pedigree dogfood ?)

Now, if I can become half as good of a man as they think I am, I'll be doin good too.:D

Ramble on - gotta sing that song :)

#14     Feb 23, 2003
  5. I would only quite if I was prohibited from trading; if you can still trade, I think a good trader can adapt if he looks hard enough.

When looking at your question, I would suggest that you could rephrase it to say: If you had to quite trading, do you have an alterative way or plan to make money? For me the answer is yes, and I am currently doing that. As far as investing is concerned, it is only reasonable to think that you should constantly be looking for alternative ways to invest a portion of your trading profits outside of the market as a means of diversification.

Just my thoughts.

#15     Feb 24, 2003
  6. Quitting is for losers.

"If you accept failure, that's what you're going to get." - Rudy Giuliani

FRuiTY

#16     Feb 24, 2003
  7. Oh I thought It was already the case :D

#17     Feb 24, 2003
  8. Hey the majority of those who leaves trading are not choosing to do so they are simply kicked off from trading when they can't pay their bills anymore...

#18     Feb 24, 2003