"Are you okay?"

Discussion in 'Trading' started by sunggong, Jan 22, 2008.

1. what are you talking about?

he was being a smart ass.

#11     Jan 22, 2008
  2. Bob111

Bob111

yeah they have few open positions for pakistani truck driver..here are your choices :
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

#12     Jan 22, 2008

3. since you're a very consistant trader and probably make more in a day than he makes in a week.........you should've sent him your blotter and said "dude i wish everyday was like this!"

#13     Jan 22, 2008
  4. More like he was being epicaricactic.

#14     Jan 22, 2008
  5. jtnet

jtnet

are you talking about the limit offers only thing at 1am? did u catch the spike around 8am?

#15     Jan 22, 2008
  6. dozu888

dozu888

guys, the rat race is not as 'ratty' as you might think.

here I am, raking in $1k+ a day, sitting at home or office, doing something I enjoy, with ZERO stress. Meanwhile I am getting rich slowly. I have hedge fund guys doing the heavy lifting (day trading) for me, while I sock away a portion of my dough in long term holds. (yes, the holds are suffering right now, but if the horizon is 20 years, no worries).

With education, effort and luck, you can get there also.

Daytrading is a lot of work (not the trading itself, but the long road to get to that successful stage). I always say hats off to those who can do it..... and especially hats off to those who can do it for a living !

#16     Jan 22, 2008
  7. Mvic

Mvic

You are either not in the rat race (if you can't get fired or laid off you are not in the rat race) or you are naive. Should put you in touch with a couple of buddies that were laid off from Novell last year (both making over $150K), one found a job after 7 months that pays 60% of what he was making and the other is still looking. Guys with top educations and decades of experience, classic victims of downsizing.

#17     Jan 22, 2008
  8. Mvic

Mvic

You should have replied "Great thanks, these are the days that traders live for. I'm going to the Aston Martin dealership when the markets close to pick out my new toy, want to join me? By the way how's the 401K? Is it OK?"

#18     Jan 22, 2008
  9. dozu888

dozu888

that's why I said 'luck'.

#19     Jan 22, 2008
  10. I'm in London, I was trading from 9am to 1pm GMT.

Just kept buying when the price got near the limit price then holding for a couple of points or more. repeated this all morning.

Must admit I was lucky that I'd been long for about 30 seconds when the rate cut was announced. Up $2500 in 5 seconds, if only it happened every day.

#20     Jan 22, 2008