Are you more intelligent than most people here?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by n00b7r4d3r, Mar 18, 2008.

Are you more intelligent than most people here?

1. I am more intelligent than over 50% of people here

146 vote(s)
    79.3%
  2. I am less intelligent than over 50% of people here

38 vote(s)
    20.7%
  1. I'm too intelligent for this poll.

#31     Mar 24, 2008
  2. Not me, I love those chocolate bars.

#32     Mar 24, 2008
  3. eagle

eagle

Firstly, there is no way to measure correctly how the person is intelligent; while the IQ test is very controversial. Secondly, when the person X self-proclaimed that he is intelligent than others then there is a sign that he is probably the dumb one.

#33     Mar 24, 2008
  4. LMAO!

#34     Mar 24, 2008
  5. There are problems of attribution imo.People claiming to have invented stuff that is mentioned in books published before the reference was made.Fish and Trout for example.My IQ was 128 recently but without age adjustment it was 111.

#35     Mar 25, 2008
  6. Ego about one's own intelligence is likely detrimental to it's own advancement.
    The poll in my opinion is therefore paradoxical in nature.
    Having said that; I prefer to think I'm dumb all the time...at least that way I dont let my ego
    get in the way of expanding my mind or I can at least minimize that possible effect. ( if any)

I'm willing to learn and listen to the opinions of others. I can admit to being imperfect or wrong if called on it. There is no shame in that...its how you grow in knowledge. Give credit to others when credit is due. It's the Mr "know it all" that thinks he's smart that usually sets himself up for a rude awakening some day...often when its too late. Such people are not able to adapt to the markets or bend with the wind (so to speak)

I think it's better to be humble and unassuming about one's own intelligence.
    I suspect that truly intelligent people like a Stephen Hawking, Albert Einstein or someone like that is probably not even that aware of their own intelligence (except by the recognition of others) because they are too busy actually "using it" for the betterment of mankind. i.e. they dont have the time to care or ponder it as it serves no real purpose.

#36     Mar 25, 2008
  7. learned long ago, there is always going to be a smarter, better looking and wealthier guys than myself .... so why measure? are you happy .... now that has significance (i am pretty dumb by the way, but heck IF your profitable you can hire out for brains!)

#37     Mar 25, 2008
  8. An interesting poll would be who thinks they have a higher IQ than president Bush.

#38     Mar 25, 2008
  9. lol

#39     Mar 25, 2008
  10. Mvic

Mvic

Is this a trick question? I suck at multiple choice, where is the "All of the above" option?

#40     Mar 25, 2008