Are you more comfortable buying or selling previous highs?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by 1a2b3cppp, May 16, 2013.

Which entry method do you prefer?

1. Buying previous HHs - uptrend, baby!

9 vote(s)
    45.0%
  2. Selling previous HHs - double tops and 2t's (I know apostrophes don't make things plural but "2ts" l

8 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. I only trade JH method

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  1. He implied that by being adamant about not giving away your unrealized.

#51     May 27, 2013
  2. deaddog

deaddog

I read that you shouldn't give back any more than you absolutely had to. I guess it depends on how much risk you are willing to take for additional profit.

If you are afraid of giving anything back; take the trade off at your target.

#52     May 27, 2013
  3. On the surface, yes nonsense.

How can a word have different meanings?

Take the word "cheating" in regards to marital relationships.

Can we agree that to have sex with another person (not your spouse), is cheating.

What about flirting with another person (not your spouse), is that cheating?

What about lusting about another person in your mind (not your spouse), is that cheating?

My whole point is that everyone has shaded/colored definitions for words, which one is correct?

Now what if you use someone else's definition of a word or concept with regards to trading, well you have something to work with but you may not necessarily agree with it at a core level and if you don't agree with it you probably won't be able to have consistent success with it. Did any good come of it?

Potentially, maybe you learned what not to do or that you don't like day trading or 15 minute charts are to slow/fast. That's why with trading the "the buck stops here"

IMO, you can't look at the world as black/white everything is shades of gray. Trading is no different.

I don't get the impression that you are a newbie to trading, more so jaded.

If I could only use one phrase to describe trading it would be "You don't trade the markets, you trade your beliefs about the markets." Van Tharp

#53     May 27, 2013
  4. Cheating = violating the agreed upon conditions of a monogamous relationship. Most relationships are agreements between two people that they will restrict their physical intimacy and time to each other, for example, "I won't date/be physical with anyone else and in exchange you won't date/be physical with anyone else."

Cheating may have a more liberal definition in an open relationship.

There is also "emotional cheating" which is non-physical in nature, for example, falling in love with a coworker (but not being physically intimate with them).

Definition and examples. 99% of the population who are fluent in English will now understand what "cheating" means and be able to use it in a sentence as well as identify it in real time. They will be able to correctly identify cheating in most cases. For example:

Bill and Jane are in a monogamous relationship. Bill kisses Amy. Did Bill cheat? Yes.

Bill and Jane are in a monogamous relationship. Bill buys a new car. Did Bill cheat? No.

Bill and Jane are in a monogamous relationship. Jane has sex with Joe. Did Jane cheat? Yes.

Bill and Jane are in a monogamous relationship. Jane is spending a lot of one-on-one time with Jim but they have not done anything physically intimate. Is Jane cheating? Possibly emotionally cheating (unless a condition of their relationship was no spending 1 on 1 time with a member of the opposite sex, in which case yes, she is cheating).

Bill and Jane are in an open relationship where sex with others is allowed. Bill has sex with Barbara. Did Bill cheat? No.

In 4 out of 5 the answer was clear and in the remaining 1 the answer was likely. Probably would've sat out if that was a trade, though.

If anyone would like to pay me to attend my seminars I can be substantially less specific and teach you nothing.

While I agree that not everything is black and white, I cannot imagine being satisfied with an answer at a seminar I paid for that was not specific and precise. Don't forget that the purpose of seminars is not to teach but to make the audience walk away feeling good and empowered.

Ask a specific question, get a specific answer.

Of course there are some things that are hard to define and can only be explained or shown through examples. Some things may take 5-10 examples to teach their meaning because given the circumstances, a definition won't suffice for the student at that point in time.

#54     May 27, 2013
  5. heypa

heypa

Trading the markets is a lot like sexing day old chicks.It's extremely hard if not impossible to do without on the job training. In trading it is called mentoring. Of course trying to do it without training is possible as long as you foot the bill. In time you should improve but it is extremely difficult without immediate feedback as with any activity. Think about how long it would take to successfully learn shoot foul shots blindfolded with someone just handing you the ball to shoot.

#55     May 27, 2013
  6. I believe I did get a specific answer, the answer was just bigger than the question.

Give a man a fish feed him for a day, teach a man how to fish feed him for life.

#56     May 27, 2013
  7. [​IMG]

#57     May 27, 2013
  8. The difference is that the person teaching you to tell the sex of day old chicks has a verifiable record of correctly telling the sex of day old chicks, and isn't just selling a course on it or posting non-specifics on forums dedicated to telling the sex of day old chicks.

#58     May 27, 2013
  9. As long as you are happy with the answer you got :)

#59     May 27, 2013
  10. Since I use a variant of the Hershey compound channeling system, it's neither for me.

By the time price tests a previous pivot you're already too late, unless the expected DT/DB exists within a higher order fractal...

:eek:

#60     May 27, 2013