Are you more comfortable buying or selling previous highs?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by 1a2b3cppp, May 16, 2013.

Which entry method do you prefer?

1. Buying previous HHs - uptrend, baby!

9 vote(s)
    45.0%
  2. Selling previous HHs - double tops and 2t's (I know apostrophes don't make things plural but "2ts" l

8 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. I only trade JH method

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  1. Sounds good on principle but almost impossible to let a winner run like that.

#41     May 27, 2013
  2. Redneck

Redneck

:p

RN

#42     May 27, 2013
  3. Im not arguing if you are good or not, Im saying your sharing qualiy sucks, yet you make it sound like you doing readers a favor.

#43     May 27, 2013
  4. Just some thoughts:

Can we agree markets range more than they trend? At least markets that aren't artificially supported.

Can we also agree that buying/selling highs/lows is associated with trending markets and the opposite with ranges.

Also TF has a major impact on the above statements.

But the most critical aspect to all of this is your beliefs and your interaction with the market.

Rande Howell has a very interesting video called "Overcoming fear and sabotage in your trading."

At this stage of my awareness I believe his take on the mental side of it to be the "holy grail"

I went to a EST type seminar a long time ago and asked one of the leaders there, what was the meaning of a particular word and he said it didn't matter what his definition was, only mine.

It took me a long time to truly understand the implication of that statement.

#44     May 27, 2013
  5. Sounds like some nonsense.

The only way that might not be nonsense is if you ask someone how they interpret a painting or something.

When someone asks me the definition of a word I give them a specific definition with examples for clarity.

Then again, I'm not a "guru."

#45     May 27, 2013
  6. deaddog

deaddog

WHY??

#46     May 27, 2013
  7. Because to be able to keep a short leash on your trade you need a trail a stop fairly close, and those surely get hit prematurely the vast majority of times.

#47     May 27, 2013
  8. same. Target a certain pct of the extension.

#48     May 27, 2013
  9. achilles28

achilles28

Horse to water. I shared some explicit stuff in two of 123abc's threads and nobody commented on it, save one person. The confrontational tenure is really coming from your end. If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer. But it seems people would rather take shots...

#49     May 27, 2013
  10. deaddog

deaddog

Absolutely; a tight stop will probably get hit prematurely.

So if you are going to let your winners run, you’ll probably have to do something else. I didn’t see anything in RNs statement about a tight stop.

#50     May 27, 2013