Are you more comfortable buying or selling previous highs?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by 1a2b3cppp, May 16, 2013.

Which entry method do you prefer?

1. Buying previous HHs - uptrend, baby!

9 vote(s)
    45.0%
  2. Selling previous HHs - double tops and 2t's (I know apostrophes don't make things plural but "2ts" l

8 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. I only trade JH method

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  1. bonds

bonds

In this market I would do neither... i'd wait for a clean break either way then get involved... there is a lot of fakeouts in this market (breaking previous highs then reversing hard)

#11     May 16, 2013
  2. /

#12     May 17, 2013
  3. Pipflow

Pipflow

I would be comfortable to trade only when i have completed my analysis which is according to the price action of the respective currency pair. HHs or LLs is helpful in finding the trend and i would be more confident when am trading along the market movement.

#13     May 17, 2013
  4. mspkash1

mspkash1

My 2 cents: buying/selling the highs is risky and gets stressful.
    Have a strategy which gets you in the trade long before the high is made and exit partly each time a new high is made.

#14     May 17, 2013
  5. Not sure I get what you did there.

#15     May 17, 2013
  6. Too bad that wasn't one of the options in the first post :D

#16     May 17, 2013
  7. I'm saying if you could only take action at highs and lows, would you buy or sell new highs?

#17     May 17, 2013
  8. Here is a chart of buying previous highs and selling previous lows.

[​IMG]

#18     May 17, 2013
  9. But how you will know that it is going to be a new high, I mean the price is still moving and we don't know how far it can go.

We can sell on the new high when the price go down a bit and then came back to that high level again.

#19     May 18, 2013
  10. What I was asking in the original post doesn't require knowing if price is going to make a new high. What I wanted to know was, when price reaches the previous high, would you rather buy or sell?

When price reaches the previous low level, do you buy or sell?

Hold on I'll attach a chart.

#20     May 18, 2013