Are you male or female

Discussion in 'Trading' started by lxor, Nov 12, 2007.

Are You Male or Female

1. Male

186 vote(s)
    87.7%
  2. Female

25 vote(s)
    11.8%
  1. Two things:

1. I wouldn't exactly define "so many women" as 12% (thus far) of the ET-population.

2. I don't think ET is a superior measure of the male to female traders, as many here are trading paper accounts or are retail traders. I think a more accurate result would come from looking at the floor exchanges, or any other market making institution.

#11     Nov 13, 2007
  2. her trading ideas exhibit signs of female thinking patterns

#12     Nov 13, 2007
  3. frugi

frugi

Male and female refer to sex; masculine and feminine to gender. There is a subtle difference and it may be pertinent in this profession.

#13     Nov 13, 2007
  4. lxor

lxor

It seems that my original assumption was closer to reality, about 9 to 1 ratio.

PS
    Trvlwanderer, nobody cares where your put your lotion. You can put some up your ass for all I care.

To the rest of you, thanks for voting and sorry about this distraction.

#14     Nov 13, 2007
  5. """The thread has been viewed over 300 times yet only about 50 people voted."""

Classic example of trend following. It is obvious people are checking the results before voting. The female votes are closet contrarians. Better run another poll in a few weeks - boy - girl.:cool:

#15     Nov 13, 2007
  6. Jeez boner, do you think your getting any scientific basis to this at all? Statistical collection? Effective sampling?

What, are you getting a master's from Ha Shit Ma Drawers U?

Lighten up a little. :p

#16     Nov 13, 2007
  7. I voted for female just to screw with the poll.

#17     Nov 13, 2007
  8. Cutten

Cutten

Most traders are male. Being a profession where emotions need to be controlled strictly, and where systematic thinking, logic & reasoning prevail, this should come as no surprise.

Luckily there are some women who have these traits, so it is not an entirely male-dominated profession.

#18     Nov 13, 2007
  9. A pound of man meat and a bucket of bawlz, yet I feel like such a lesbian.

#19     Nov 13, 2007
  10. ess1096

ess1096

...... or it gets the hose again.

[​IMG]

#20     Nov 13, 2007