Are you making money with Jack's strategy?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by inandlong, Aug 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Secretaries, or asistants?:confused:

#51     Aug 25, 2003
  2. kowboy

kowboy

When Jack first started, I asked a few specific questions in a sincere and polite manner and was replied to with mumbojumbo, and basically dismissed with derision. My specific questions were never specifically answered.

So, I dismissed Jack by never going back to his thread.

#52     Aug 25, 2003
  3. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

IMHO any strategy that can not be communicated in a paragraph or two - 250 words or less - is not legitimate. I dont know who this "jack" is and quite frankly, I dont care. I read one rambling post and that was enough to convince me that these ramblings had no value: Just my opinion.

I have dealt with many extremely competent individuals across a variety of disciplines over the years and their hallmark was that they could explain even complex topics in short, to the point communiques that both non-experts and experts could understand.

#53     Aug 25, 2003
  4. gms

gms

Maybe the exact posts were deleted, so at the risk of sounding like a Hershey Apologist, and where I'm really examining your side, but was this the tone of your questions?:

A click on your posts quickly brought me to that, occurring time-wise in early March '03, about where Jack first started posting. Actually, looks like it was someone else who derided you in that thread by calling you 'uneducated', which you obviously are not.

Otherwise, thanks for bringing my attention to that CANSLIM thread, breezing through it is actually helping me understand the 'Equity Thread' method a bit better, due to repetition.

#54     Aug 25, 2003
  5. CalTrader,

Your points are well reasoned and make sense. The little doubt I hold towards your assertion is that Jack is intentionally fogging his message. I thought for a moment he was some sort of savant, but this theory no longer holds water due to his occasionally coherent posts. So, all that remains: (1) supremely knowledgeable and almost literate - doubtful, (2) a farse - very possible, (3) has ulterior motives - good or bad - and is masking a - valuable or worthless - set of trading ideas - not likely. Until I witness something to the contrary, Ockham's razor must be applied and I must agree with your position.

-RLB

#55     Aug 25, 2003
  6. A couple of days ago, I followed a few URL's posted by one of Jack's fans just after he announced that he was going to quit.

I knew him from MIF but I saw that in 2002 he had also been posting on trading Live Cattle and Grains in another forum. Did somebody have experience with this?

In fact about his current "method" has somebody found what markets this is good for? I read a lot about 3 ringbinders for filing some data about stocks. I also understood that he was going to do the ES life from Labor Day on? Would the "method" also be OK for Live Cattle and Grains? I lack experience in this, but I thought to have read that things are rather different with these commodities?

Please help me, I'm trying to find out

#56     Aug 25, 2003

7. Go to www. Ask Jack .com to find out.
    :confused:

#57     Aug 25, 2003
  8. Thanks for the link![​IMG]

#58     Aug 25, 2003
  9. Welcome! :D

#59     Aug 25, 2003
  10. :eek:

#60     Aug 25, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.