Are you making money with Jack's strategy?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by inandlong, Aug 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gms

gms

The phrase 'Jack's strategy' referring to the strategy Jack is posting. Not meaning ownership of O'Neil's methods, as you've inferred. I've previously discerned that you're bright, so I know that you must know what I meant.

#41     Aug 24, 2003
  2. It is a fact that Jack has improved my trading. I don't take everything he says and use it, but I evaluate it and I have found a lot of good stuff. I think he is a little enthusiastic about gains, but I think by now we should all be used to that. I say if you don't like it just ignore it. And if you are interested evaluate it for yourself.

#42     Aug 24, 2003
  3. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Actually, I didn't know that that was what you meant since I don't know what you know (I don't follow every thread and haven't read all your posts). O'Neil's methods are often posted without attribution, and it's surprising (though it shouldn't be) how often people get away with it. Since you made no reference to O'Neil, I didn't know if you knew where this stuff came from or not. If you've read O'N, then you know how simple this particular stock selection procedure is.

#43     Aug 24, 2003
  4. gms

gms

Sorry, I thought the meaning was clear from the context it was being used in. BTW, knowing that you don't read every post on every thread (who wants to?), consider that Hershey does mention that his stuff uses O'Neil and references the "How to Make Money in Stocks" book, even cites pages.

#44     Aug 25, 2003
  5. The unconstructive BS is about all there is as far as JH is concerned. If he wants to prove otherwise he can set up his trading portfolio using clearstation.com or other online facilities suitable for this and prove to all the sceptics that they are wrong. If he cannot do this, then I don't think he can make money in the market, the stock one or otherwise. It's a simple challenge and I am willing to give him 3 months to evaluate his performance. Talk is cheap, although it is getting increasingly more expensive to those who have tried to use Jack's ideas for trading. Last time I checked out the Stochastics thread, I noticed that the people that took Jack's ideas seriously were still asking very basic questions regarding stop-losses and this is after over 200 pages of Jack's relentless BS. Ask yourself a simple question: is it worth your time to follow a strategy that is unclear to you after 200 pages of text that was meant mostly to elucidate that, although I am not sure if the word 'elucidate' has anything in common with whatever Jack does on this board.

#45     Aug 25, 2003
  6. Would it be possible that:

Sometimes it's hard for a trader to generate and finalise an effective and profitable strategy even after trying many many months, if not years, of unprofitable trading.

Instead of going to nowhere, someone might be keen to find her/his holy grail by testing/validating many many different strategies after smelling/feeling their profit potentials of so many strategies in mind.

One of the best ways nowadays might be to make use of some popular web sites like ET.

Possibly it could be easily done by using different handles/ user names (of course tracffic is also important in this case) to promote different strategies with certain obvious and attractive claims of profit potentials.

Letting others to accept the ideas and testing the strategies could be an effective approach to validate the effectiveness of various strategies through collecting and analysing useful feedback (from both newbies and rockies), in the hope of finding a holy grail.

It seems most likely many newbies (and some rockies) who are participating the testing/ validating process would have their decent hopes and positive expectations, supposing they are fully aware of the risks involved, in terms of money, time, energy, ect.

After all, we hope that the whole process mentioned above would well be a real win-win process to all participants (whether direct or indirect) for improvements.

:confused: :D

#46     Aug 25, 2003
  7. Just a thought:

Jack might have made a very large amont of money that has been accumulated during so many years of trading using his highly proven (?) profitable strategies (that might be still not fully understood by many of us including many disciples), as if already possibly claimed.

I firmly believe Jack wouldn't have any intention to leave many of his disciples trading daily in fog (not dark), based on their limited understanding and comprehension of his outstanding strategies.

Perhaps it should be about time that Jack would simply spend a tiny little bit of his daily profits to hire and use one or more capable secretaries/ assistants in order to speed up and write up his final writings (in simple and plain English) based on his current draft/thoughts.

:eek:

#47     Aug 25, 2003
  8. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

The only way you could know that would be to have read his posts. If that is the case, you have just risen to the top of my Most Admired list :p

#48     Aug 25, 2003
  9. nkhoi

nkhoi

and he should send me some while he is at it. :cool:

#49     Aug 25, 2003
  10. gms

gms

Permit me to refine that thought, dbphoenix. The only way I could have known that, besides someone else telling me so, was to have read his posts in the 'Equity thread', before making any statements/judgments about it.

Reading basically just Hershey's posts in that one thread, skimming the others, wasn't all that long a read, and phrases such as "if you read chapter 8 of HTMMIS" aren't vague enough not to understand.

#50     Aug 25, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.