Are you making money with Jack's strategy?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by inandlong, Aug 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. WAIT A SECOND!!!!!!!!!

Jack, i have been coming to your defense and with an open mind have been reading and trying not to post.....BUT...was MR. MArket or Jesse J not taken to task like this? You and I went back and forth over several days trying to prove disprove MM's strategy....now you don;t want anyone to take your strategy up for debate????? that's not right.....I think your system is very complex and interesting and i am looking forward to seeing the results myself ...and as I have stated before, if It proves to be the real deal ( which incidentally i think it might) i said i will post on here that JACK was right and I WAS WRONG......what is good for the goose as they say....come on Jack, you know Im right and if you disagree I can refer you to Mr Markets posts form the month of july when you ( bubba7) dissected his money making operation surgically!!! It sucks when it's your own strategy, but here is your opportunity to put egg on people's face right?

#11     Aug 24, 2003

2. This whole thing is the biggest bull I have yet to seen on ET.. or any other trading website.

Goto the Hershey equity thread... its already taken 30 pages just to come up with his list of stocks...

Its feels as if their is a cult associated with Jack.. and each lemming does not know more than the other.

--MIKE

#12     Aug 24, 2003
  3. nitro

nitro

Then if your interest is in strategies that make money that are similar to CANSLIM, why not start a thread with that title?

I will say this once. Any time some Elite Trader handle is attached to some strategy, to a chartoom, etc, IT BECOMES BLATANTLY OBVIOUS TO ME AND 99% OF ANYONE WITH HALF A BRAIN THAT THE POST IS MEANT AS SPAM.

You may believe otherwise, but I have seen you start threads on mrmarket and others BY NAME as if the promotion is the person rather than the strategy. It has become so transparent that IMHO, you are hurting your reputation as a moderator, and what's worse, as a person.

I say these things with a heavy heart because I consider you to be one of the nicest people on ET. I besiege you to reconsider what you are doing...

nitro

#13     Aug 24, 2003
  4. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Why stop there? He's got three threads running simultaneously.

I'm most interested in two things:

1. Whether or not anyone is actually making money with this "system" (not simulated nor paper nor backtested), and, if so, if they have done so for more than a few days/weeks, and

2. A journal which posts real-time trades, with entrance, management, and exit criteria, and with charts.

Barring that, it's no more than a feeding frenzy amongst starved Gimmees whose appetites are even further stoked by a strategy they cannot even begin to understand, which makes it that much more seductive.

Incidentally, those of you who are interested in any of these posts ought to copy them onto your hard disk since they will likely be deleted.

#14     Aug 24, 2003
  5. Yes, and with Jack's complaints about unfairness we are just getting to the martyr phase... it's becoming a full-blown religion. :D :D :D

#15     Aug 24, 2003
  6. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

I think you passed the full-blown religion part several hundred pages ago :p

#16     Aug 24, 2003
  7. Unfortunately, I have to agree with that. Both this and any Mr. Market threads belong to the chit-chat section and inandlong is abusing his moderator privilages by promoting this stuff to a higher rank than it really deserves. I also believe and I have stated this many times in one way or another that moderators need to have clear-cut standards and not be guided by whims of the moment and their own prejudices.

#17     Aug 24, 2003
  8. I am not understanding something. How is "inandlong" related in any way to Mr. Market and his "I am Huge" threads? I think we need to cut inandlong a break here. In my opinion, he is one of the good guys.

#18     Aug 24, 2003

9. wut?

#19     Aug 24, 2003
  10. izeickl

izeickl

I have sources that say something about someone, but I promised not to tell too.

#20     Aug 24, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.