Are you making money with Dave landry's methods?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by inandlong, Aug 24, 2003.

1. He has a number of interesting strategies. If you have tried any, please respond. Thanks in advance.

2. Another bummer! I haven't purchased any of his stuff either, the poll is encouraging though. I do read his contribution daily on the Hardrightedge. His style seems to fit mine very well so I wanted to check with you guys and see if you had any experience tradng hs stuff. Maybe the voters who are and aren't making money with his stuff would PM me?

Thanks.

3. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I have not tried Dave's service, but what he writes on TradingMarkets is good and I have talked via email with him a couple of times and he seems like a quality guy.

4. gazza1

gazza1

100% agree with Brandon - I've chatted with him via email and he's a good guy - I've also noticed that he often makes a point to tell readers to email him if they don't understand something he's talking about and you can't be fairer than that.

5. kserra

kserra

I originally read his book thinking that in terms of swing trading his setups would be fairly short term, but found later that he will often hold much longer than I am comfortable with, afterall his method is basically taking swing trading profits with the intention of holding a long term winner.

For me this was just too much holding as I am a rather impatient trader, but the few setups that I did trade i was profitable on, from what I have heard however you may be better off reading jeff cooper's hit and run trading books, however i would certainly not consider landry's book a waste and still do enjoy reading his trading markets commentaries.

I would also have to agree with the other members who said he is a very nice guy, as I have talked to him via email several times and he is always prompt and very informative as well.

6. Cool handle kserra. Your post is very intriguing as well, because that is exactly what I had been thinking about. I am more than happy to hold for the long buck. Thanks for the insight.