Are you living the "good life" with $10 million?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Port1385, Jan 2, 2009.

1. The worst/best deal I ever got was a room for 50 cents (best price ever). Too bad the bed was made of cement so it was like sleeping on a floor. Hey when one is 20, it does not matter. :D

it was in Peten region near Tikal in Guatemala, the year was 1991. Shit those were the times!

#61     Jan 21, 2009
  2. Exactly. The good life to me is fighting an 80lb. Tarpon on a brisk 80 degree day here in Paradise(Florida). When I release him I celebrate with an ice cold Corona and a big stogie. It takes a little scratch to be able to just chuck it and go fishing in the middle of the day but you don't need "stupid" money. No matter how much you have, someone else has a lot more. Who the f*ck really even cares. Just relax and enjoy what you have. My 2 cents. Oops! Got a bite!

#62     Jan 21, 2009
  3. JimYoung

JimYoung

Its all relative to the life you want to live and the goals you set in life.

Some people on this thread get the same kicks from giving a 100 dollar tip as some do when donating to charity.

Some get the same kick when their name is on a hospital wing as someone who makes a 100m anonymous donation w/o tax benefits to a cause they believe in

And some people love the "freedom" of "always flying first class" while others only get the same kicks from their Netjets membership

It's all relative. Some people spend 10m on their vacation home. Some people save their whole life to spend 5m on a 2 bed duplex in NYC.

----

I also watched the same report and have actually met Laurel of MediaBistro.com. A major point was that 10m today is not the same as having 10m 40 years ago (where butlers mansions and all the luxury toys were well within reach). 10m isn't enough to quit working or to automatically get your own staff while you split time between 4 different homes.

#63     Jan 26, 2009