Are You Happy With Your Life?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Exchanges, Mar 27, 2006.

Are You Happy With Your Life?

1. No.

4 vote(s)
    8.7%
  2. Yes.

20 vote(s)
    43.5%
  3. I got ET. All I need now is a good laxative.

4 vote(s)
    8.7%
  4. Coinz made me happy.

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  5. Coinz is insane.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I'd be happy if I had a different mate. Or, if I HAD a mate.

3 vote(s)
    6.5%
  7. I'd be happy if I knew what day it is.

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  8. More money would make me happy.

6 vote(s)
    13.0%
  9. Nothing makes me happy - I enjoy being miserable.

3 vote(s)
    6.5%
  10. What IS "life?"

3 vote(s)
    6.5%
  1. #21     Apr 2, 2006
  2. Peace with God friend -is only an illusion - but it is your peace all the same.
    - A state of mind after rational reasoning is all we can claim- nothing else.

#22     Apr 2, 2006
  3. #23     Apr 2, 2006
  4. The old saying that "Happiness is the journey, not the destiniation," is, in my opinion sage wisdom.

Happiness is nothing more nor less than overcoming the obsticles on the road of one's life, whatever those obsticles may be. Thus, the feeling of happiness is transient, because once an obsticle is surmounted, the satisfaction for the accomplishment quickly wanes in the face of some new obsticle up ahead, which occupy one's mind and creates new unhappiness.

Achieving happiness is thus not difficult -- rather, it is impossible, because of it's purely transient nature.

Set goals and strive to achieve them. Reach high, but not for the stars. Work hard and enjoy the ride.

If you do, you will have your share of the avaiable moments of happiness. If you don't, then you won't.

Simple as that.

#24     Apr 2, 2006
    #25     Apr 5, 2006
  6. - A state of mind after rational reasoning is all we can claim- nothing else.

um, Congratulations.

#26     Apr 5, 2006