Are you guys prepared for this bear market +5 years?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by DisciplinedHedg, Feb 26, 2003.

1. remove the long button from your software and replace it with a cover button.

#11     Feb 26, 2003
  2. Ditch

Ditch

After 4 years of bear-market some "traders" still can't find it.:confused:

#12     Feb 26, 2003

3. It already has if you consider the NAZ 100(companies) of say 1998 versus today.....how many companies have been dropped form the index because of their price? What's scarier is how many are now de listed.........But Im an optimist.......I say we start rebounding .....may 1st......

#13     Feb 26, 2003
  4. the word is not "rebound" but REBALANCE!!! hahaHA!!!

as long as we keep rebalancing the market, it will always go up...

#14     Feb 26, 2003
  5. we could rebound at any time but we arent going far. we need the public and overseas buyers to come back to keep this thing going and they aint buying.

#15     Feb 26, 2003
  6. dis

dis

This bear market could easily last another 10-15 years.

#16     Feb 26, 2003
  7. bullshit

#17     Feb 26, 2003

8. I was actually joking...It's just that Ive been hearing everyone say " the second part of this year we should start improving" for ....three years now.....I know a guy who is a notorious shorter...he's one of these guys that takes them all the way down ....he's now in Bonds and thinks the market is not coming back or going up significantly for at least another 7 years.....i wouldn't care so much but he said this three years ago and stands by his prediction...even I thought he was crazy but so far he's been dead on.

#18     Feb 26, 2003
  9. For daytrading I don't care in fact the volatility is excellent. What bothers me is the impact on real Economy. As for traders that will get killed it's the game don't complain and rather expect to be the possible next.

#19     Feb 26, 2003
  10. fan27

fan27

There are plenty of opportunities to make money in this market, even if someone isn't trading short term.

- Foreign Bonds
    -Gold
    -Oil
    -Euro

The opportunities today just aren't what they were yesterday.

#20     Feb 26, 2003