Are you going "all in" on the FAZ?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Port1385, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Rex84

Rex84

I'm out at 51

#21     Dec 12, 2008
  2. was thinking of adding more if it broke below $50 :eek:

#22     Dec 12, 2008
  3. S2007S

S2007S

Still holding, have a sell order in for $60.

#23     Dec 12, 2008
  4. I would keep holding it if I were you, but use a trailing stop.

1) What are the chances of the XLF re-visiting and testing old lows?

2) What are the chances that the top 3 holdings in the XLF will re-visit the old lows?

3) WFC, JPM and BAC make up about 20% of the XLF. JPM is scraping up against a certain short term trend line. WFC and BAC are through those trend lines. Just looking at the charts, common sense tells you that they should visit the lows.

4) Holding over the weekend in an etf like this is never a good idea. JPM might bounce off that line. Its your choice to make...I say that once the trend line is broken on JPM then it will be a matter of days before the FAZ doubles or triples...

#24     Dec 12, 2008
  5. I can see where 60 is a point of resistance and it would be a natural sell at that level. Looking at the chart, you see one tower. Will there be another tower that will make this formation looking like a head and shoulders? The next tower may be taller then the last which is not unusual.

Obama is just talk now. Obama is looking at the dieing patient and saying "you will be ok". Is it really true that the patient will be ok? Eventually the talk will wear away and what do you have left? A dieing patient...

#25     Dec 12, 2008
  6. Rex84

Rex84

FAZ is looking attractive again, once the market starts to roll over FAZ is going to be a great buy.

#26     Dec 16, 2008
  7. What kind of a "risk/reward" are you setting up for yourself when you buy the FAZ at an average of $54.29, looking for a 10% gain to $60 and not using any stops?

Answer: $35.40

That's a great risk/reward you got there.

#27     Dec 16, 2008
  8. 1slowcrx

1slowcrx

FAZ is at 36.90, good time to enter for a nice boost???

#28     Dec 16, 2008
  9. Rex84

Rex84

weird action today the FAZ is flat even though financials are getting beaten up over MS earnings.

EDIT: now down almost 4%????? I don't know what's going on, there must be no buyers for some reason. XLF is off 2%

#29     Dec 17, 2008
  10. 1slowcrx

1slowcrx

i got in Faz this morning. once it breaks resistance, it should have a decent upswing.

#30     Dec 17, 2008