Are you fulltime trader?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by innovest_11, Jan 9, 2009.

1. jmoo

jmoo

For Free??? Great!!! :D

If you are new to trading, a wall st day trading veteran can help you. tradercoach101@yahoo.com

#21     Jan 12, 2009
  2. I dont.

Own a record label, tour the world as an International Producer/dj.

I make far more money in my Private Equity gig than I did trading full time at Schonfeld and Last Atlantis, all the while Trading from time to time from my office. Best of Both worlds but I'm not trading for a living.

#22     Jan 12, 2009
  3. Interesting comments.

1. Passion.
    2. All my summer on the lake swim, fish,...
    3. Retired better than any pension I was ever quoted.

#23     Jan 12, 2009
  4. Yes, every wall st day trading veteran needs to spam for customers...:D

#24     Jan 12, 2009
  5. TheJay

TheJay

1)I always make money... just usually for someone on the other side of my trades.
    2)if you count the '.00' in a dollar amount then 6 digits does seem like a lofty goal
    3)OOPS. i mean i KNOW quite a few people that have paid off their houses.
    4)usually only takes me 3-4 hours a week to blow up my account
    5)I never have an off day, week, month or year, cus I need to work every day I can at my day job to support my blowing up of accounts.
    6) Again, I can make money no matter what the market is doing, usually just the other side of the trade is the person making the money.
    7)I usually HAVE to close my positions as I'm over leveraged anyway and have been kicked out of my trade.
    8)The chicks I chat with online tell me theyre 6 feet tall, a model, and want me.
    9)Some people may consider a 91 suzuki swift a luxury car.
    10) I give some change to the guy that sleeps in front of the dennys near me sometimes, thats WAY more that 10% of my trading earnings.

I think this seems a bit more accurate for some of us :)

#25     Jan 12, 2009
  6. Kittykat

Kittykat

I had to respond to that one

Quote from Port1385:

I have been watching ET for a number of years. The average "Elitetrader"

1) Always makes money (if you count when the year ends, and not every year)

2) Makes 6-7 digits in pure profit each year...sometimes 8 figures (LOL. I've been trading for 12 years for a living and haven't done that)

3) Owns a few houses that are "paid off" (does my dog house count?)

4) Just trades 3-4 days per week for an hour then uses the free time to perform different leisure activities (just grinds teeth in front of monitor for 6 hours and then uses the rest of the day to perform such leisure activties as scooping out the cat boxes)

5) Never has an off day, week or year (how about decade?)

6) Always on the right side of the market and can make money no matter what the trend (True if you count the 5 stop outs that happened before bottom fishing was accomplished).

7) Always closes their positions out at the end of the day so money can be freed up for making money the next day (husband forces me to do that).

8) Any woman they go out with seems to be young and great looking (not applicable. I do go out with my girlfriends and some of them are young and good looking. We go shopping for shoes and stuff)

9) Has at least 2-3 luxury or sports cars (does my 4 year old Honda Element count?).

10) Donates at least 10% of their winnings to charity (actually true in my case - 30%)

#26     Jan 12, 2009
  7. Don't we all wish we were poppin' bottles, hanging out with 3-4 models...

Drinkin that Patron in VIP...
    Rollin' around in our Lambo, Bentley, Aston Martin, etc...LMAO

Hehe, it's the dream...some pretend to live it, others accept the modest life style and strive to do better each year...

If you think about it, Life is not about material things, it's about enjoyment.
    As long as I'm having fun and making modest money...All is good...

#27     Jan 14, 2009
  8. tradersboredom

tradersboredom Guest

why would anyone want to be trader if they can't trade?

You are better off working full time in a real job like doctor, engineer, nurse and swing trade.

#28     Jan 14, 2009
  9. tradersboredom

tradersboredom Guest

the biggest and most profitable 'traders' are clients with real high paying jobs.

ceo, senior managemnt. doctors, engineers etc. they already make over $100,000/year in their real jobs and trade on the sideline.

#29     Jan 14, 2009
  10. Tradersboredom: That is simply not true.

Sir, was Richard Dennis a doctor before he started trading in the PITS? No!

He worked at the CME as an order runner at age 17, that's right, real academic =)
    I remember reading his dad give him his seat on the exchange once he turned of age, and he used his risk capitol to compound it many many many times...

His degree? Philosophy.
    :D It's the kind of degree I call bullshit!

Here ya go, stay edumacated:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Dennis

So to the pizza boys and girls...
    keep delivering.

#30     Jan 17, 2009